Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
I have only owned the stock seat and the Ultimate. My choice is obviously the Ultimate. Your butt will love you again.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I lean toward the Mustang, but never having tried the Ultimate I can't compare them. Gel seats are good but do not park the bike in the sun unless your baby making days are over as that famous Jerry Lee Lewis song comes to mind. The stock seat is an abomination and should be sacrificed on the alter of sore bums.

Cheers and Beers.

Bob

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've been happy with Mustang

I went with Mustang, but imagine you would be happy with either as anything is a vast improvement over stock. However, I would suggest you choose the driver backrest option - it makes a huge difference (at least it has for me).

·
Registered
85 Posts
love the ultimate seat, but the wifey is happy with the stock seat out back, so, the stock stays

·
Registered
4 Posts
I could not put a Mustang seat on fast enough - the stock seat really sucks! That being said, I have never had an Ultimate seat so can't compare, but having riden a couple of hundred thousand miles over the years, Mustangs have never let me down.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mustang Seat

I need your help, which way to go. Ultimate seat or Mustang seat for the 06 beast.
thanks
I have had a Mustang Seat on my Honda 750 Aero and I have also one on my V2K. I don't know the Ultimate Seat but we (my wife and me) love the Mustang Seat (with driver back rest).
The stock seat sucks!!!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Heard a bunch of good stuff about the Ultmate ! I have a Mustang with a backrest between that and my risers i can lean waaay back . Can we say barcolounger. I wish i could ride both seats for a couple hundred miles and really give my opinion ! One thing for sure a couple of 2x4s nailed together would be better than the stock seat >> Bulldozer

·
Registered
114 Posts
A friend of mine bought the Ultimate for his 2k and I already had the Mustang on mine. While he was having surgery on his wrist I borrowed his seat and rode about 1500 miles total before switching back to my Mustang. I like the Mustang just a bit better. The Ultimate seems to sit you a bit lower but does not have as much lower back support. The Ultimate passenger seat does not have as large of a seating area and the wife also liked the Mustang better. The Ultimate is in my opinion a better looking seat but for comfort go with the Mustang.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I got the ultimate and really like it. I sit just a little bit higher about (not even one inch) and it does sit just slightly forward. No crowding of nuts and bolt though. I got used to it quickly as its pretty confortable especially with the backrest. Wife can now go longer than a hundred miles before getting stiff on me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts