Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to ditch the 3/4 helmet and go with a half helmet for summer riding. Have looked at a number of ones in the local shops here, but none fit that well that I like the style of. Found the revzilla ls2 rebellion on-line and has the looks and construction that I want, and doesn't seem to be a mushroom issue.

Does anyone else out here use, or have used, this helmet and would care to share their thoughts on it?

Thanks in advance!

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/ls2-rebellion-helmet?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bing&utm_campaign=Text-Vendor Tail-LS2 Helmets-Helmets&utm_content=16488428878&utm_term=LS2 Rebellion|409|25869682

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've been looking at that helmet as well, hope someone chimes in. I'm currently using a Bell Pit Boss and I like this helmet as far as being able to "dial in" the perfect fit but I hate that this helmet is a royal PITA to clean the liner. Pretty much have to dunk the whole helmet in the sink and let it dry over a few days. I try to time the cleaning with the local weather report, I have another helmet I can wear (Scorpion half helmet) if I have to but I really don't like the Scorpion.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
Bikerhelmet.com Got mine so much lighter and fits great. Still DOT.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well I decided to get myself an early Fathers Day present. Purchased the LS2 Rebellion helmet and have been riding with it the last few days and I am pleased. Sizing is a little different, my Bell Pit Boss and my Scorpion full face helmets are both XL, I had to send back the XL LS2, it was too big. When I put the helmet on and strapped it, I could still insert a finger between my forehead and the helmet. So sent it back to Revzilla and they promptly sent me a large. Much better fit. The venting works very well on this helmet, and I like the fact that I can now just remove the liner and clean it without having to dunk the whole helmet in the sink. I really like the Bell Pit Boss, but its the lack of the removable liner that made me try another brand.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks for the review SnowTop! Had a few other things pop up on me this early-summer that has delayed me getting the LS2 Rebellion. Hopefully will be pulling the plug on this in about 2 weeks. Will let you know what I think of it. It's one of the better looking half-helmets out there IMO

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally Broke down and ordered the LS2 Rebellion on Tuesday - Matte Black. It was delivered yesterday (Thursday). Got a Large, which actually may be just a hair too big, but I went by the sizing guide. (I wish there was a local shop that carried these helmets so I could have test fit them). My past helmets have all been the round shape design, while this in an oval shape. I must say, the oval is a lot more comfortable after a 90 minute ride last night than any of my previous helmet have ever been. The hot-spot I normally get on my forehead is gone.

Installed the Sena 20S on the helmet after the ride and that also went on as smooth as silk. Almost a perfect fit.

Keep in mind, I only have one ride under my belt with helmet, but so far I am impressed!

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just another update. Now have about 500 miles under the new helmet. It's very very comfy (the hotspot I had on forehead of other helmets is gone). The top venting seems to work good. I'm not a big fan of the quick release ratchet chin strap (prefer the D-Ring myself) but getting use to that. Overall a very good decision to buy!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts