Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, October/2012
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well actually its a two part question, first, do you think a low and mean chin spoiler would look good on my bike and, second (this is more of a question for those who have one), do you think it will fit since i have the saracen fender up front?

Been going back and forth on this for awhile now, cant make up my mind if it would look good or if it would be too "busy" looking. just looking for some opinions of others before i drop the coin on one.....

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
go for the chin spoiler ... painted to match of course ... get rid of those bags ..

·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
go for the chin spoiler ... painted to match of course ... get rid of those bags ..
Thanks for the input. Bags are here to stay.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
+1 on the chin spoiler. If it doesn't fit, you seem to have enough skills to trim it back and shape it so it does.

Also, on the bags, the bike WOULD look really really good with some small, painted to match hard bags. Mutazu MU or LN bags would look good there and not break the bank!

·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not really a fan of the hard bags, they look ok from the side, but from the back, on a custom anyways, i think they look weird

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
not really a fan of the hard bags, they look ok from the side, but from the back, on a custom anyways, i think they look weird
True enough, but, your bike looks so clean and sleek, but the throw-over bags need SOMETHING to flare it up a bit, I dunno.

Make no mistake, it's a sharp bike! Not a gaudy collection of stick-on and bolt-on stuff, it's a clean, custom bike!

·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i like the throw overs just for the simple fact that they zip off. sometimes i'll have to go to a different location for my job and i can fit my paint gun and my da sander in one side and my laptop in the other, then when i get there, zip them off and take them right inside. makes it easier on me. ive thought about hard mounting them, but then i would lose that convenience...lol

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
That's a very nice-looking Custom. Love the paint scheme. Stuff like chin spoilers and other add-ons are a subjective thing. One man's junk is another man's treasure, I guess. Personally, I think, on the Custom, a color matched lower chin spoiler would like very nice. Would sort of complete the whole appearance. And the throwover bags look OK to me.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
i like the throw overs just for the simple fact that they zip off. sometimes i'll have to go to a different location for my job and i can fit my paint gun and my da sander in one side and my laptop in the other, then when i get there, zip them off and take them right inside. makes it easier on me. ive thought about hard mounting them, but then i would lose that convenience...lol
True enough! Ya gotta have storage! I bought my bike to ride which is why it has a trunk and saddlebags (hard bags here in a few days), is always loaded down with rain gear, warm clothes, laptop, whatever I need for wherever I'm going, etc.

My wife doesn't want saddlebags on her bike because she wants to keep the clean look. But then, she's always throwing stuff on MY bike when we go anywhere! LOL

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think it looks good without the chin spoiler! I think if you put the chinspoiler on with that front fender it will deminish the ,or take away from that cool front fender which is the centerpiece of the front of the bike! IMHO chin spoilers only look right on a sport bike!

·
Registered
600 Posts
I think it looks good without the chin spoiler! I think if you put the chinspoiler on with that front fender it will deminish the ,or take away from that cool front fender which is the centerpiece of the front of the bike! IMHO chin spoilers only look right on a sport bike!
+1 on what he said................

·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the input guys. I sent an email to low and mean hoping they could provide some measurements so I could see for sure if it would fit.

Also, thanks for the compliments on the bike. Ive had alot of fun with it. I entered it into the Bike of the Month contest on this forum, so if you have some time stop by and vote for your favorite. http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30866

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I'm going with feenixx on this. I don't like the chin spoilers on cruisers either. If you don't like hard bags, then I think you got the right softies. I had those same bags on my custom. Went with hard bags when I found I needed more storage on long trips. I love my Hard Street bags, but I still think those slant TourMasters look great. If you haven't tried it, pick up some Protect All. Best thing ever for taking care of artificial leather.

·
Registered
273 Posts
bags

You have a sleek sharp looking bike. I'm with Whiting on the bags taking away from the look though. I noticed you have a luggage rack. I too carry lots of stuff with me and opted for the carry on bags that attach to BR and go with you. I like the fact that they don't hide your back wheel.

·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anybody out there really good with Photoshop? Thought that would be one way to see how it would "flow" with the bike....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 23 Posts