Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!
I recently purchased a 2007 VN 900 custom and I plan on purchasing a backrest/luggage rack. I really like the looks of the Kawasaki Fire and Steel (K53020-378 Luggage Rack and K53020-377 Backrest).
The Cobra product also looks good to me (Mini Sissy Bar 02-4968 Sissy Bar Luggage Rack (Formed)02-3601).
Does anyone have any experience or opinions on either of these two?
All opinions are welcome and any links to good websites would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
If you really plan on 2-up riding, the Cobra mini is no more than a speed bump. The short still carries a nice line though.

I actually went with the standard on mine, for the lady's comfort. :D

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I have the standard cobra round bar one on mine, I find it a little high but extremely comfortable for the wife.
Agreed on the standard. I'm switching from the wide pad to the tombstone (narrow) pad to see if that makes a difference on the look/line of the bike.

Maybe when I finally save up the funds to convert to some apes up front it will be a bit more "offset". :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Agreed on the standard. I'm switching from the wide pad to the tombstone (narrow) pad to see if that makes a difference on the look/line of the bike.

Maybe when I finally save up the funds to convert to some apes up front it will be a bit more "offset". :D
I find the windshield offsets mine a bit. I am not a big fan of the look of a backrest anyways, I guess it is more function than fashion. If i have to have one for the wife it is just as well for it to be comfortable for her. Wish it was a quick release for that reason.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have the OEM with the Chevon rack and looks very nice!

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you're looking to please the passenger, go with a Mutazu trunk and wraparound backrest!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the input!

Even though it is a bit more pricey, I think I am going to go with the Kawasaki backrest and chevron luggage rack. IMHO it really accents the bike well and I don't plan on much two-up riding anyway. I'll post pics as soon as I get it installed...:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts