Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to possibly purchase a cobra powerflo intake for my 09 900n was just wanting any feedback anyone has any performance gains? is it worth the investment? any lean condition issues? what about rain? is there anything im missing or should consider? any feedback would be much apricated Thank you in advance

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put the Cobra Powerflo on my Yamaha 950. Wished I had my money back. No power gain. Nothing !
Thank you Sixth Gear. I do like the looks of it, but that's a lot of money for looks alone. Lets see if anyone chimes in with any other views? But I appreciate your honest feedback, that's what im looking for

·
Registered
1 Posts
You’re not going to get any performance gains unless you tune the bike for whatever intake you install. the ecu will handle some adjusting but won’t get anywhere near the same effect as with a power commander or other fuel tuner. I would definitely say that adding a higher air flow intake system would lean out your fuel mixture by some degree

·
Registered
162 Posts
I added one to my 900 and sent my ECU to Ivan and couldn't be happier. If you do a search on intakes you'll read that the Vulcan is pretty much starved for air.

Since I did multiple upgrades it's tough to nail it down to just the intake but the throttle response and extending the gears before having to shift are two real benefits. A different bike over 60 mph for sure but if you add the air intake I believe some type of fuel management is pretty much required!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Agree with March411. I have that intake, it looks good and is well made. If you are buying it and expecting a big performance hit, you won't see much until you address the need for additional fuel.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
I started with the Cobra kit as well, but also did the Cobra PowerPro Black at the same time. And yes, noticed smoother running and some slight seat of the pants difference. Really noticed it when I recently added an aftermarket exhaust. Its worth getting if you plan to continue adding mods till you're at the big three.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks all for the replys. I bought the bike with a set of cobra pipes, since then I have added the 34 tooth front drive pulley ( love the difference ) some new Viking bags and thanks to G Mans photos I bought the Memphis shades fairing and had it color matched. ( looks amazing ) so i'm now thinking if I go with an aftermarket intake maybe the ivan's flash and I would not need a commander if I did the flash? how does this idea sound? and how exactly do I go about getting flash done? Thanks again

·
Registered
268 Posts
Call Ivan, he's a good guy and normally ships your ecu back the same day he receives it. The reflash is the best bang for the buck. Mine pulls hard all the way to 7k rpms. Before it seemed to start hitting a wall at 5k rpms. $350 plus shipping seems like a lot, but you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Call Ivan, he's a good guy and normally ships your ecu back the same day he receives it. The reflash is the best bang for the buck. Mine pulls hard all the way to 7k rpms. Before it seemed to start hitting a wall at 5k rpms. $350 plus shipping seems like a lot, but you won't be disappointed.
Agreed!

I did the same thing but tried the Cobra FI2000 first after installing Cobra Swept exhaust and the intake. The Cobra did and OK job but I had some throttle hesitation between 1st and 2nd gear that annoyed the hell out of me and still had decel pop when downshifting, coming to a stop. Talked to Ivan, he explained that he could make the bike run best and fix the issues and he did....bike runs great and I rarely have any decel pop. The throttle response is great and like gosupes mentioned the bike pulls harder.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I'm pretty sure I will go this route, probably wait until winter. Just don't like being shut down. How do I get ahold of Ivan?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts