Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To All my Ontario riders.
Trying to find a good insurance company, that doesn't charge an arm and leg. Anyone have insurance under $1000 that allows you to ride to work? Just bought a 99 Vulcan Nomad, would like to ride it without having to take out a loan for insurance. I got a quote from Rider'splus and TD insurance both expensive. Any help would be greatly appreciated/

·
Registered
445 Posts
Rider Plus policy
Brampton - 2005 V2K - 47 years - 6 years continous policy - 1 speeding ticket ( no points ) - 2 million - full coverage..... $ 1065

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm in Alberta, also private insurance. Around here Jevco is very competitive, and I insure through them. They're in Ontario, too.

Scott Fraser
Calgary

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm in Toronto. Best rates by a huge margin that I could find was Dalton Timmis. Give them a try, I was amazed that their rate was less than half of the company I insure my car with. I am still with them, and very pleased with their service. They specialize in m/cycle insurance.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ontario is just plain nuts for insurance. I rode in Quebec, then didn't ride for 25 years. Since they now classify me as a new rider. I'm paying 1200 for the first year and a forecast of 300 less next year. This is through All Risk a broker in Kingston for Jevco. Another broker for Jevco in Kingston wanted 1475. This is for an 06 1500 VN without collision, with a clean driving record. If you found somewhere cheaper let me know. I've yet to find a company that will give a discount for taking the MSC. But I took it anyway. You see what the American riders are paying, and I have to assume the Insurance industry is regulated down there and we're making up the differance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts