Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought an en 500 and it turns out that the bike was stored for 15 years in pieces so it was thrown togeather to sell to me. Great hu? so i have heard it run with my own ears but when given throttle it would bogg down. So previous owner was going to rebuild carbs. ends you he just got fed up with it and quit. So i got bike for 300 bucks i rebuilt carbs myself got them back on bike. Try to start it and i hear what sounds like the starter just spinning 3 or four times in a row then it turns the bike over 1 time and just goes to spinning again and repeats the same over and over. 3-4 spinning sounds and then one turn over of The motor. I was told but a guy that i dont really trust too much to check out the one way gear. What do yall think? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
252 Posts
the starter gear (behind flywheel) has a broken weld

fairly common on the EN500's cousin, the EX500

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Thank you all so much
You will need a proper puller for the flywheel. (18mm x 1.5) Use of another type of puller will damage the flywheel. Note that the bolt holding flywheel is L.H. threads.Check Starter clutch for cracks.....If none you can just replace the springs & rollers. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts