1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts
Usually when a signal flashes rapidly there is an issue with the bulbs. Remove the lenses, pull out the bulbs, make sure the front is a double post and the rear a single. Then reinstall them. If it didn’t happen when you installed the headlight then I doubt it‘s installation caused the rapid flashing. You say you noticed it after the first service. Did the dealer work on anything electrical?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Agree that the headlight has probably nothing to do with it. Could be a loose bulb not making full contact.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey wanaride, I had a similar issue. I managed to get it to start blinking normally by just giving the front fixture a gentle whack. I'm not sure if it's an issue with the bulb or the fixture wires.

·
Registered
2020 VN900D Classic LT
167 Posts
I had a problem with the left turn signal flashing slowly on my 2020 LT. It cropped up last April with only 500 miles on the ODO. Like Joshulcanator, I managed to get it to stop by tapping the left front turn signal.

The issue cropped up again a week or so later. this time, I pulled the bulb and re-seated it. No problems since.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This exact thing happened to me last week. Removed the lenses, swapped left and right bulbs in the front and back, to find out if bulbs were bad, but then everything worked fine. Put the lenses back and they've been working fine since then. I guess they weren't making good contact.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You nailed it! I took the cover off the turn signal, ensured bulb was securely in the socket, and now it flashes properly. If only all problems were this simple!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts