Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who did both pulleys and regretted it? Why? Thx.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Not me, I enjoy mine...I would assume it depends on the riding style and what is desired or accomplished by the Mod. I wanted a smoother long distance ride. I need to keep the weight of my bike down due to a neck problem which makes pulling on a heavier bike painful...So this was my best bet rather than a heavier tourer.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
I can't really see a downside of doing the pulley mods (other than cost). You may lose a little get up and go off the line and you may have to drop down a gear to pass someone, but firstly these bikes aren't racing bikes so downside 1 is out, and the minor inconvenience of down shifting to pass is well worth it IMO for the lower revs. Lower RPM normally = better fuel economy as well so there's another Pro to add to the list. I don't have the pulley mods done yet, but that's the last mod I'll probably do. Have new plans for her now

·
Registered
847 Posts
If I was only riding around town etc. I wouldn't bother but we ride some week long rides of 2,000 mi +- each year. My bike suits me too well to trade so I, for that reason don't mind a little loss off the line, but it is actually very minimal...I don't ride two up either so I don't know how that would feel but I don't have a problem fully packed and bagged for a week long ride.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Doom, your bike sure looks worthy of the BOTM to me.
Thanks Sage! Was an honor to win this month..err...last month...in June! lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts