Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have your attention. I am looking for black accessories for my SE. What places are you guys going too to get them? I'm getting back in to messing with my bike now and want to put more black stuff on it. looking for forward controls that will take a swingwing mount, everything on the handle bars, and new lights, batwing. I don't want to have to get a rattle can out to do it my self.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Honestly I get my stuff anywhere I can find it in black (although it's becoming more popular and available) you just have to search online and look. Or do it yourself, which I've done alot of, and the technology with spray can is pretty good now days.

Don't know year bike you have but u can get the black controls on the handlebars from a 2011 or 2012 model, not sure which? But that'll be pricey

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just to share: I have a 2012 Classic SE with the blacked-out engine. I bought a Baron's Big Air Kit and while I like the kit, it was just too darn shiny. I had the smooth chrome kit. I scuffed it up with 180 grit sandpaper and shot it with Rustoleum self-etching primer, then shot it again with Rustoleum low gloss black engine paint. It matches up very nicely with the rest of the engine accents. It seems to be holding up very well. I guess what I'm saying is don't be afraid of the rattle can. With the right prep, it will give you nice results.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I think I gonna have to use the ole rattle can. I have been trying to find black highway pegs and can't find them. Makes me mad cause the ones I found from karyakan? are chrome and will end up being l;ike $350 for all the mounts just to put highway pegs on the frame of the bike. Then to spray paint them grrrr. Ive used some tuff stuff that you bake on for firearms before. I might try that so the paint doesn't come off.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Try all the usuall places meancycles, cruisercustomising, dennis kirk, motorcyclesuperstore etc ... i have seen them around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts