Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Aux Connector, did not buy the Ipod connector, as I do not have an Ipod, bought a 1/8" stereo extension which is connected to the Aux Connector and routed outside of the Ipod compartment to the handle bar. I place the phone on a base I got from Ebay. I plug the car charger in the 12V outlet on the right side. This way through the AUX of the radio I can hear Pandora through the bike speakers, I did this setup since I use the phone as GPS too, so I have it right between the Riser clamps and I can see it clearly during the rides. I do not use this setup if it is going to rain. Next mod will be a 12V outlet within the Ipod compartment that way I can hook up the Phone inside the Compartment for those trips that may have rain, but I still want to hear Pandora over what ever the radio stations are broadcasting.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Good deal! I don't use iCrap or my android for tunes, but a cheap rechargable mp3 player (Sanza). I ran the jack extender from under the faring and up the handle bars to where I attach my mp3.

I also have an Sirius radio I use in my truck and a Garmin Nuvi I use the car that I use on the Voyager. I already had the Sirius handle bar mount and power supply. I purchased a Ram mount and power supply for the Garmin. Next, I mounted two toggle switches (SPST) to the dash under the fuel gauge (beside the speaker). I attached each power supply to a switch and then to the aux connectors under the faring. Now, if I decide NOT to take one of the devices (SAT or GPS), I can kill power to the connector. Anal maybe, but I prefer it that way.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not anal. Wise.. is always safe to be extra careful with electrical stuff.

Sent from a mobile device.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The glove compartments aren't water proof...have a few wet packs of cigarettes to prove that...any thoughts?
Not sure if it was this forum, or another, but someone took basically weather strip and attached to door. I haven't been caught in rain yet, but probably better look into this as I usually have iPod in one side and a phone and garage door opener in the other

·
Registered
372 Posts
Good deal! I don't use iCrap or my android for tunes, but a cheap rechargable mp3 player (Sanza). I ran the jack extender from under the faring and up the handle bars to where I attach my mp3.

I also have an Sirius radio I use in my truck and a Garmin Nuvi I use the car that I use on the Voyager. I already had the Sirius handle bar mount and power supply. I purchased a Ram mount and power supply for the Garmin. Next, I mounted two toggle switches (SPST) to the dash under the fuel gauge (beside the speaker). I attached each power supply to a switch and then to the aux connectors under the faring. Now, if I decide NOT to take one of the devices (SAT or GPS), I can kill power to the connector. Anal maybe, but I prefer it that way.
Sanza MP3 players are outstanding. I have the older Fuze model before they came out with the touch model, I actually have a few of them. The best part is that they also have a built in microphone to record audio, the perfect thing for those going back to school. I just set it on my desk or lap and record lectures, makes life really easy. Also the fact that the interface is extremely simple and it just plain works...

Also the fact that you can expand the memory with a micro SD card is a major bonus. I have a mess of those cards anymore. I actually just gave a few to my dad, lol.

If you are looking for an alternative to the iPods and so on, Sanza Fuze in the 4gb or higher models are the way to go! They support many video and almost all the audio formats out there while a lot of other brands don't at all. They even support a few types that ipods don't.

I also use my cell a lot with my car as well for music, it automatically recognizes a standard stereo jack and puts the audio out as it should. One thing would be to see if you can find a bluetooth compatible stereo to go in your bikes and that way you wont need to run a wire to the stereo, just leave the phone in a place to charge and be done with it. I want to replace my cars stereo but the unit I want it not something I'm going to spend money on right now.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Don't know if they even sell my model of Sanza anymore. It's about the size of a box of matches. I keep an eye on Amazon's $5 album sales and rotate the 12-13 hr playlist according to my mood. Considering dumping satellite radio since they too feel the need to jack their rates, but I digress.... ;)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Don't know if they even sell my model of Sanza anymore. It's about the size of a box of matches. I keep an eye on Amazon's $5 album sales and rotate the 12-13 hr playlist according to my mood. Considering dumping satellite radio since they too feel the need to jack their rates, but I digress.... ;)
sat radio can lick my hairy ....... shouldn't finish that one...... but yeah, when I canceled them they tried to get me to pa them for services I never used for almost a year..... Finally got that squared away a couple months back.

Sandisk has for the Sanza and their other players has a program called slot radio, it's pretty cheap and every so many months they send you a new micro SD card loaded with tons of music that you can just plug into your device, might be worth checking out. It might even be monthly that you can change out the card, I don't remember all the details. I think you can even just get one disk and if you only want that one you don't have to send it back or anything, it's a pretty cheap program though.

I have access to plenty of files that I don't do it but it might be something I might do down the road though.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a post on waterproofing the front compartments, dig it up. 4 months now and still dry.

sent from mobile device.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
I bought the Aux Connector, did not buy the Ipod connector, as I do not have an Ipod, bought a 1/8" stereo extension which is connected to the Aux Connector and routed outside of the Ipod compartment to the handle bar. I place the phone on a base I got from Ebay. I plug the car charger in the 12V outlet on the right side. This way through the AUX of the radio I can hear Pandora through the bike speakers, I did this setup since I use the phone as GPS too, so I have it right between the Riser clamps and I can see it clearly during the rides. I do not use this setup if it is going to rain. Next mod will be a 12V outlet within the Ipod compartment that way I can hook up the Phone inside the Compartment for those trips that may have rain, but I still want to hear Pandora over what ever the radio stations are broadcasting.
I also use my Android Phone as a GPS and to listen to music stored on it or via Google Music when I have a good signal. I have it mounted between the riser clamps and have a waterproof cover for it that I bought on eBay and only use if I think it may rain, which is rare here in the Texas Hill Country since we have been in a extreme drought for about 2 years now. I also weatherproofed my glove boxes for any items I may store in them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts