Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunatley in the cage though:D We're off to Chicago for my youngest sons graduation from Navy boot camp! I get to see my son and take an entire week off from work, gotta love it! I'm taking my laptop so I'll still be checking in occasionally. Time to get started on the 12 hour drive, uggh.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sheridan AFB for UT training(construction) for 13 weeks next, looks like a bike ride to Tx is in order:D

After 11 hours in a cage we were definitely glad to get to the hotel. We're about 2 miles from Lake Michigan so we had to check it out, absolutely amazing! I'll post some pics later this week.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Sheridan AFB for UT training(construction) for 13 weeks next, looks like a bike ride to Tx is in order:D

After 11 hours in a cage we were definitely glad to get to the hotel. We're about 2 miles from Lake Michigan so we had to check it out, absolutely amazing! I'll post some pics later this week.
KSVn900 - Could that be Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls here, I've never heard of a Sheridan AFB in Texas.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KSVn900 - Could that be Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls here, I've never heard of a Sheridan AFB in Texas.
Oops:eek: You're absolutely right, my memory sux at times, lol! The traffic here has my brain cooked too, lol! After dealing with that, I'm glad we didn't ride the bikes here. My hat's off to those that deal with this kind of traffic on 2 wheels on a daily basis, it's just nuts! He'll be at Sheppard for 85 days, then 14 days leave, then off to Kuwait to build tent cities for a bit. Hopefully we'll be able to take the bike to Sheppard before the weather turns.

Here's some pics from graduation-
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/rokfrog/Navy%20Grad/

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
It's all good my friend. I retired from Sheppard in 1999. I'm sure you'll get a good ride or two in down here during that time if you want. Heck it's good riding weather all the way till Dec usually even through most of Oklahoma, not sure about Northern Ok or Kansas now.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
If and when you get a chance to come and see him down here, as it gets close to that time, give me yell here and I'll shoot my phone # and if you all have time, it would be our pleasure to meet another Vulcan rider and member of this group, we'd like to buy you all lunch or dinner, your son should be tired of chow hall food by then LOL. It's your call on that portion, don't want to seem pushy, offer is on the table if you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts