Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on, you Romney-ites must have something !

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Hello Brian,
Hope you are doing well!

While I don't consider myself a "Romney-ite" or too concerned with any 'personality; I am a proud conservative.

To address your post.
I like what Palin stands for and I like Palin herself.

She was not ready for "prime-time"; therefore your jest comparing a candidate you do not like, to a "poor" candidate is not unreasonable.

I would have liked to have seen Biden "stand up Chuck" or Obama "breathalyzer umm I mean inhalator" face the same media scrutiny.

The hit job that the media did to Palin though, is the kind of thing you have railed against in these forums; and really does not belong in "honest" journalism.

Scott

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Brian,
Hope you are doing well!

While I don't consider myself a "Romney-ite" or too concerned with any 'personality; I am a proud conservative.

To address your post.
I like what Palin stands for and I like Palin herself.

She was not ready for "prime-time"; therefore your jest comparing a candidate you do not like, to a "poor" candidate is not unreasonable.

I would have liked to have seen Biden "stand up Chuck" or Obama "breathalyzer umm I mean inhalator" face the same media scrutiny.

The hit job that the media did to Palin though, is the kind of thing you have railed against in these forums; and really does not belong in "honest" journalism.

Scott
Knowing your limits and either living within them or striving to move beyond them is the best part of human nature.
Attempting to be something or someone you are not, is the worst part of human nature.
I think she got what she deserved. The "hit job" was merely exposing her for what she is and continues to be, uninformed with narrow view points.
I do have an enormous amount of sympathy for her family, the scrutiny they dealt with, and still deal with was totally unfair. Children are not fair game under any circumstance.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Brian, what can you tell us about the man who is actually vice-president? I don't remember hearing anything about him during the campaign. I guess the media was focused on who this Obama character was, and if he was ready to lead the country. Seems all they came up with was:
"He's black! That's all you need to know!"

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Joe Biden is a good example of the American success story.
He has been a public servant for most of his adult life and he has a very interesting personal history. He may be "long winded" but he has never been shy about saying what he thinks or how he feels. His record is an open book and if you were really interested, you could have Wikipedia'd him. The man had nothing to hide so they didn't spend any time trying.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
He has been a public servant for most of his adult life and he has a very interesting personal history. He may be "long winded" but he has never been shy about saying what he thinks or how he feels. His record is an open book and if you were really interested, you could have Wikipedia'd him. The man had nothing to hide so they didn't spend any time trying.
Yeah, I forgot that Joe was a very popular Governor of the nations largest state, not merely a feeder at the national teat, sitting on his ass in the capitol building.
The media was too focused on the man whose own life and history is an "open book", and who has not spent millions of our dollars to hide his entire life's history.
Oops, maybe I'm confused on some of these facts.:confused:

·
Registered
702 Posts
"Public servant" meaning he never had a real job, right? Too many of those types in office...

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Knowing your limits and either living within them or striving to move beyond them is the best part of human nature.
Attempting to be something or someone you are not, is the worst part of human nature.
I think she got what she deserved. The "hit job" was merely exposing her for what she is and continues to be, uninformed with narrow view points.
I do have an enormous amount of sympathy for her family, the scrutiny they dealt with, and still deal with was totally unfair. Children are not fair game under any circumstance.
I am not sure I can reconcile your comments.
First, striving to move beyond your limits is a "best part";
next "Attempting to be someone you are not" is a "worst part".
Either there is a miscommunication in there; or you need to stop the doublethink!

Liberals in media (read Katie Couric) are very threatened by conservative women; conservative blacks too.
They worry that a strong, popular, minority conservative will begin chipping away at a solid Dem voting block; and then they will actually need to legislate for these voters instead of ignoring them after every election.

So, the liberal media sent more reporters to Wasilla and Anchorage, to dig dirt (true or not) on the conservative VP nominee than they sent for the entire Dem ticket!
How did she ban Harry Potter before it was written?

Have you wondered why we could get every rumor about Palin's time as a small town mayor, BEFORE the election; but it took three years to get O's birth certificate?

Have you wondered why the BAT-SNOT CRAZY Pelosi "we have to pass it to see what is in it" says absurd things all the time but is admired by the left?
Or why, if a conservative woman, who is not that skilled in deflecting a question from a seasoned journalist she if vilified?

Sara Palin was not ready for the assault of the liberal media. That made her a poor "CONSERVATIVE" candidate.
Had she been a liberal; she would have gotten a pass!

If you really think all the lies and personal attacks on Palin and her family is "what she deserved" you have no credibility to defend you precious O from distortions of the truth.

Scott

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Biden is about as gaffe prone as a politician can get.
Since he is a Dem; it is described as "long winded" and "saying what he thinks".

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking.

"Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya." –-Joe Biden, to Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who is in a wheelchair, Columbia,

"If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong."

Scott

·
Registered
399 Posts
I think you just described every politician in the US today: "uninformed with narrow viewpoints". I'll add:

power hungry
unethical
egotistical
arrogant
beset with delusions of grandeur

Let's not pretend these traits are limited to a single party.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I hardly know where to begin with this one.... If Joe Biden is the ideal American, we're in deeper trouble than I suspected.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Originally Posted by brian614
Maybe you should Wiki him! I did some searching because I can remember all the way back to 1988 when he lied. Biden is liar and no one is surprised that he is Vpres.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts