Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
HK's are some of the loudest and nicest sounding pipes for the Vulcan I personally think. I had them on my bike when I got it and my current pipes are the HK's I chopped up. lol

·
Registered
976 Posts
I'd get a set of 2n1's and suck that little bit of extra power that the 900 can make over the gutted stock pipes, but, I use the bike to commute with and really don't need anything louder than what I have at 4:30 in the morning for the neighbors/wife/dogs/cats/deer heck with those things, MOLES and WORMS!!!

But I like that the pipes are long enough you get that schloop schloop as the exhaust doesn't quite clear before the next wave at idle. Only way it'd sound better is if it had the V2K mill up front.

·
Registered
941 Posts
It was kinda cool hearing what my bike sounds like when I am not on it. I have those same pipes and they sound great riding, always wondered what it was like being behind it.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have an 09/900LT. I researched those pipes for several hours yesterday.....and for some reason, they don't fit the 2009 LT Models.....anyone know why?????At least according to the Hardkrome site.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Saddlebags????? I think they hang the same height as stock but maybe they run hotter? Other than that there is no difference between any model and if they fit the 2008LT you're in.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but pipes like these are the reason that cities and states are trying to pass laws to outlaw aftermarket exhausts for all motorcycles. I'll admit that most stock exhausts are too quiet, but those pipes are way too loud.

·
Registered
445 Posts
They look like Jardine 2:2 2-1/2 inch straight cut drag pipes realy nice love the look and sound

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but pipes like these are the reason that cities and states are trying to pass laws to outlaw aftermarket exhausts for all motorcycles. I'll admit that most stock exhausts are too quiet, but those pipes are way too loud.
Nothing different than an old hot rod or muscle car heading to the local cruise nights.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did u watch the entire video?
I don't even find these pipes loud, it's the loping "potato/potato" sound the bike makes at idle that I like. I didn't even know that our bikes could sound like that!
As far as loudness goes, LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES. Cages have been hitting us for decades. Classic cars are a TAD LOUDER THAN THESE. YOU are in a motorcycle forum BTW!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Did u watch the entire video?
I don't even find these pipes loud, it's the loping "potato/potato" sound the bike makes at idle that I like. I didn't even know that our bikes could sound like that!
As far as loudness goes, LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES. Cages have been hitting us for decades. Classic cars are a TAD LOUDER THAN THESE. YOU are in a motorcycle forum BTW!
Oh don't worry, I know where I'm at! My point is we might think those pipes sound cool, but the general public doesn't, and there's more of them than there is "us". If you were a member of the AMA you'd know that there are all kinds of laws trying to be passed to outlaw noisy exhausts and motorcycles in general. There was a law recently in a state I can't remember where they were going to make illegal ALL aftermarket exhaust systems for motorcycles. The AMA helped kill it. We are in the minority and we need to not piss off the majority.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Loud pipes save lives is the lowbrow version of 'I wanna have my noisemaker'. Cages have been hitting Cages forever too. Noise does NOTHING for you. You can keep telling yourself that but its not true. I've seen more cruisers with Loud Pipes down then stock, mostly because everyone on cruisers seems to have to modify the stock exhaust. I know I did.

This is kind of like using the 2nd hand smoke argument to get people to stop smoking. Does 2nd hand smoke cause health problems, Maybe. But what it really means is "SMOKING STINKS AND WE'RE TIRED OF PUTTING UP WITH YOUR INCONSIDERATE REAR END!!!!" In the end, the inconsiderate smokers that acted and protested that it was their right to smoke whenever and where ever and to hell with its affects on everyone else pretty much have the smokers outlawed and sent back around the corner of the building next to the drug pusher WHO we actually like more. I think their rallying cry was "I smoke and I vote." Whooptefriggindo!

That's exactly what the "Loud Pipes Save Lives" argument is. Unsubstantiated, ignore all the dead loud pipe biker, I want it daddy NOW argument, and it will get everything banned.

And it isn't potato potato, that sound has been trademarked, its Phaloop Phaloop and it rocks. I think it has more to do with the length than the open porting but it may require lack of restriction as well. It's similar in sound to slapping the end of a long piece of 2 inch PVC pipe. Short piece doesn't make this sound, but a restriction in it like a baffle may stop it.

Anyways, good morning all. I had a list of things I just HAD to get up and do last night. Can't remember what the heck it was but I think it's going to Lowes and Walmart.

·
Registered
976 Posts
There was a law recently in a state I can't remember where they were going to make illegal ALL aftermarket exhaust systems for motorcycles.
Believe that was Colorado and Denver has the no mod rule, but they were just using it to target noisemakers that we're being obnoxious. If we give them the tools, they'll use it. I don't know why the public sees classic cars as any different than motorcycles. But they also view model airplanes as an irritant. I've been to fields where the nearest neighbor was a mile away. Birds chirping in the trees register louder, but they could here the planes so 'Out they must go!'

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYt0Eu8b7yc
Allright, here is potato/potato..........lol.
Loud pipes do save lives, you can literally use them much the same way one uses a horn, if u know what I mean.
Don't peave off the majority??????????????????????????
Wow, that sounds strikingly similar to a place in history I wouldn't want to be at.......

1 - 20 of 41 Posts