Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm over in West Newfield. I'm waiting for my bike to get out of the shop, but would like to try a long-ish ride before the season's over. I was thinking here to Houlton, and then as far back down south as Bangor. I say only that far back south because if I plan it right, my wife will be in a hotel up there (for her job). I'm figuring a real long ride to TX next summer, and want a shorter "8-ish" hour trip or two under my belt before I take off.

I'll want to stay off 95, only because I think I'll see more. Although, there are no fences or concrete walls on 95 north of Bangor probably, are there? 95 might be fine in that case. Never been north of Orono, and I've lived in Maine all my life.

In a car, I usually get on 95 in Gray (go up 11 to 35, by Sebago, etc.) but I'm getting sick of that ride, so I'd rather take state routes the whole way.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Bar Harbor is a good ride from West Newfields. Leave early take RT1, enjoy the scenery take a few breaks. Maybe check out Fort Knox. Leaving Bar Harbor head inland to Bangor. That will take you a good 10hrs or longer total.. Done it a couple times with my wife. 1st time we went and came back the same day, second time we spent the night.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Rt 1 in the Summah? You're crazy!
@red1500 -- what are you doing tomorrow (Saturday the 24th)? I took MREM's class a few weeks back, and ended up bringing a laptop home. I've fixed it, and I'm delivering it (and another one I'm donating -- they're a non-profit) to Fairfield tomorrow. I'm going "the back way" if you want to hook up somewhere:

http://mapq.st/2Zd4tqz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts