Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't own a Vulcan just yet - seriously considering one.....
Registered here to get more information.

We have several motorcycles - and are looking for something that is relatively lightweight, decent fuel mileage, and will work for two-up rides that are mostly 2-lane and less than 300 miles. I'm 5'9" and 200 lbs and the wife is 5'4" and 150 lbs.

Please forgive me but I do not exactly know what the models are. We're looking at the model with the fat front tire and laced wheels.

Not a horsepower freak.... one of my favorite bikes is our Kawasaki Versys.

Anyways - that's all I have for now.

:)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Welcome aboard kballowe, check out the vulcan900 LT, i have the same bike in an special edition, they are easy to handle at 650lbs, good for your weights and 2up riding, i get 50mpg, very little maintenance, easy to change oil, nice bikes, priced right.ride on...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I found a leftover sorta gray-green color two tone with white. I think it's the Classic. Laced wheels with a fat front tire n floorboards.

Pick it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well, I found a leftover sorta gray-green color two tone with white. I think it's the Classic. Laced wheels with a fat front tire n floorboards.

Pick it up tomorrow.
My brother has that model 900. I will say it stomps all over my old Volusia in every category. You are going to love it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Is it a 2012? Thats the one i have, its called meteor gray, has some green in it when the sun hits it, there nice bikes, the white is called polar white. Good luck with it.....ride on...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Soooooo- initial impressions....
Transmission shifts very smooth. Much nicer than my Versys. Good power, considering that it's a 900. Feels light n nimble.

The seat absolutely sucks.

I was riding in a thunderstorm, so getting blown around a bit. Being light probably contributes to that.

The laced wheels are going to require a bit more maintenance, but they look very nice.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Soooooo- initial impressions....
Transmission shifts very smooth. Much nicer than my Versys. Good power, considering that it's a 900. Feels light n nimble.

The seat absolutely sucks.

I was riding in a thunderstorm, so getting blown around a bit. Being light probably contributes to that.

The laced wheels are going to require a bit more maintenance, but they look very nice.
The stock seats on your 900 and my past VN2000 (almost identical) are the worst and most painful torture devices I have experienced on any bike I have ever ridden (owned 20, ridden well over 100). They are for showroom display only. Great for sitting to talk to the salesman but once on the road you may as well sit on the battery.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Have to agree, stock seats suck, tried the corbin on the 900 and it was a little better, sold it and installed the Ultimate seat, much better, ride all day. You may also want to enlarge the lowers on the front to minimize wind turbulence, helps a lot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts