Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2001 750 on a trade but the carburetor is cracked and I need a new one or a new part of one. Also I need the turn signal bodies because they've cracked up and are flopping off the wires.

My questions are:
Who would be a good person to talk to personally to get carburetor help,
What years will work for this model
Can I get any turn signal bodies to replace the old ones with?

Thanks for any suggestions that will help me get this straight.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
The 750 only had minor changes for the entire production run from 1986 to 2006, and the '85 model 700 was the same as '86 except for the jugs.

Which turn signals are you trying to replace?

Take a look at vn750.com. The whole forum is dedicated to the 750 and there's a ton of archived information there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
front and back, both sets are rotten. I also need the little bracket that hold the right mirror up and the throttle on the handlebar.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The rubber on those signals was a common thing to go bad. One option was cutting them shorter.

vn750.com is definitely the place to go. All kinds of great info there on the bike. Helped me keep mine running great for years.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm in the same boat - got a '98 750 for $180 to learn more about engines and just generally fix up. My plan with the turn signals was to cut them short so that I could still use the mounting end and then drill the center hole larger and use an aftermarket LED turn signal. I priced it out and it was MUCH cheaper than trying to purchase OEM replacements. I've heard of others doing the same, but still haven't found any good pictures, videos, or a general how-to.

BTW - the 500/750 clymer is cheap and very useful if you haven't purchased a maintenance manual yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The carb bodies look ok but the piece between them is cracked. I didn't take it apart but I don't know if it will work if I try to put it back on. the guy that had it before tried to put some sealant on it to make it work but he decided not to try it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Cut a bic pen the size of the rubber, slide the wires in, then slide it in through the rubber, then wrap the rubber tightly with black tape.of course you need to take the pen apart first;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts