Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My thoughts and prayers are with the people in Oklahoma right now. We're getting hit with the same storm now but it's died down considerably. Just a light show and some thunder.

So far, as of 8:23PM central time, the death toll is over 50 and the most heartbreaking news I've heard so far is that as many as 30 children may be buried in the rubble of one school.

A year ago over 150 died in Joplin, MO after a similar storm. It's crazy to think of this happening twice in two years. This same storm is headed for Joplin AGAIN right now. Even if it isn't severe, I cannot imagine the fear that is going through those people right now...

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
It is always horrible, and I cannot imagine the ache the parents of children now gone must bear. Kind and gentle wishes for all those in pain.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Death toll lowered to 24...

We are so blessed to have the technology that we have now. Just 30 years ago this toll would be much higher.

The pics coming out of this tragedy are telling! Lives and families are torn apart but we ralley around those folks in many ways... with our thoughts and prayers, our financial support, and to see the good side of humanity is always encouraging. Take nothing for granted!

·
BOTM Winner, August/2012
201 Posts
My kids went to one of the two schools destroyed in Moore, thankfully they were home sick where we have a shelter. I am deployed right now so my wife is having to deal with all the house damages by herself living at her parents house with no daycare (it was destroyed) and no school so damn......but my family is ok so everything else is small. Hope everyone made it out as ok or better than me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
71 Posts
I kinda know what those people are going through. It will be 5 years ago this Saturday that we lost our house in an EF5 that hit parkersburg iowa and wiped out the entire south end of town. We escaped with our lives and for that I am greatful. The people of moore have a very hard year or two ahead of them. It took us at least that long to get back to some sort of normal.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts