Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rustoleum Neverwet

I just keep thinking of things I want to try it on.... Windshield, forks, textile jacket, helmet...

Who needs rain gear any more?

·
Registered
658 Posts
I think I'm gonna try it on my work/riding boots... it looks like a neat product, if it works. I'd waste $20 to test it out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I'm gonna try it on my work/riding boots... it looks like a neat product, if it works. I'd waste $20 to test it out.
Same here. I had previously seen videos from the lab tests and they were impressive. But, now that Rustoleum is marketing it and it's available, I was tempted to head to Home Depot this evening after I watched the video.

I'm tempted to put it on the lower half of the windshield to see if it repels bug guts as easy as liquid. I did see/hear someplace that it might add a small frosted look to whatever you put it on, so it might not be perfect for the whole windshield yet.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Everytime I see items like that, I'm really skeptical.
I've been 'loosely following' the startup for a couple years. They've been working on this for a long time. It's pretty cool!

Don't think I'd use it on my bike, but I probably would use it on riding gear.

Having seen it on glass (it leaves a haze) I see it won't work for a windshield. Which is a disappointment. It would be INCREDIBLE on a windshield and/or helmet visor, keeping bugs and rainwater off!

This is not a from the ground up rustoleum product. This is a small group of research chemists who have been developing the product, and Rustoleum just saw a way to cash in on it by buying the product from them and marketing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts