Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I went to the evil land of Harley Davidson's website because they have fun bike building software. I was messing around with the Sportster 48 and was surprised how good it looked with clip-on bars. Then I got to thinking that the 900 would look good setup the same. I'd probably have to get BCB bobber kit first to get the overall look right. My only hang up are the forward controls. The HD 48 has an option for rear mounted foot controls. Does anyone think it would look stupid bent over the gas tank with your feet out front? I tried to position my hands where the clip-ons would sit and found the sitting position kinda cramped. I included a comparison picture of a HD Roadster and a VN900 Classic with rider @ 6 foot 2 inches with 34 inch inseam.

Has anyone done this on a 900 before? Curious to read some opinions.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've never put clip-ons on a cruiser but I have participated in/ridden a lot of cafe builds. Adding clip-ons or Clubman bars usually always warrants rear controls which in most cases makes use of the passenger pegs.

Mid controls are manageable but do end up feeling very cramped so my assumption would be that the position of the stock vulcan controls would be very awkward feeling.

Some google pictures to illustrate my point.

Attachments

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never put clip-ons on a cruiser but I have participated in/ridden a lot of cafe builds. Adding clip-ons or Clubman bars usually always warrants rear controls which in most cases makes use of the passenger pegs.

Mid controls are manageable but do end up feeling very cramped so my assumption would be that the position of the stock vulcan controls would be very awkward feeling.

Some google pictures to illustrate my point.
Thanks.

Yeah, those last 2 pics look crazy uncomfortable. Well, scrap that idea then, lol! I guess I'll stick to the ape hangers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts