Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to go from the stock 180/70 to a 170/80 on my classic LT. For those of you that have done this, did you use a stock size tube or something different? This is the first bike I've owned with spoked wheels and tube tires

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Depends on what brand, some are sized to the tire already converted or some are sized by current width and height or tire itself Quick question why do you want a narrow taller profile tire?

Saddle up and feel the wind in your Helmet! ATGATT

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quick question why do you want a narrow taller profile tire?
90% of that decision is cost. The current tire is as bald as I am so I took a look a the "100% fits the VN900" sticky and found that tire as a fitting replacement and I saved around 50 bucks over the stock size. Since my schedule doesn't currently give me much time to go out canyon carving I wasn't too worried about the slightly narrower tire. And if it makes the speedo a little closer, so be it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude, I have a household of 5 and, I'm the only one making full-time wages because my wife is on disability. If it was $10 cheaper I probably would have still gone with the 170. it's only 10mm difference on the width and going from the factory tires to commander II's the difference in handling is probably going to be a wash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts