Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
2 Notes for any1 thats gonna ride there 650 V S as much as I do-The rear brake Calipers on these bikes SUCK!!!/I'VE ALSO HAD TO REPLACE MINE-ALONG W/THE FRONT ROTOR(About a year ago) Other than that,A Pretty Durable Ride OVERALL:) I UNDERSTAND THAT KAWASAKI HAS A FACTORY IN CHICAGO-ANY1 THAT KNOWS THERE ADDRESS I'D REALLY LIKE TO KNOW IT:) THANKS AGAIN:)
Definately a note I learned after checking on my computer for Kawasaki Vulcan S Problems-out of the top 6 problems recommended for engine noises-it is suggested to have your tranny output shaft/gears check'd/MAKES ALOT OF SENSE TO ME-Anyone else had this Issue W/They're 650 VS?-I'd be interested to know?-THANKS:)

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
A lot of caliper issues arise from a lack of grease on the sliders. There is a special caliper grease very slick stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
THANKS BEAR SLAYER/I REALLY WANT TO RIDE THIS BIKE TIL I'M DEAD!!?!! (WE'LL SEE IF THE BIKE OUTLIVES ME,or vice versa)\TONIGHT WAS PERFECT RIDING WEATHER-OL DOG SCREAMED LIKE A DOG IN HEAT,(75-85 MPH)-LOL:) SO,I GET OFF THE HIGHWAY(10 MILE RIDE),MY LOCAL Chevron station is about1 1/2 miles from there-I'm goin down my local street thats roughly a mile long;I slow down for a car turning in front of me,then after accelerating back to 35-40 miles an hour,I Start hearing this CREAKING/SQUEAKING SOUND'S-Intermitment mind you!!?!! I pull over just to make sure its NOT the pick up truck in front of me, the bike squeaks a little More,Then goes AWAY-(WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!) THIS DARN KAW IS TRYING TO GIVE ME AN ULCER!!!! SO I go home ,park the bike,let it COOL DOWN FOR 10-15 MINS.-So I figure,IF I'm Spinning a Crank Bearing(or ANY engine Bearing's for that Matter!) I'm gonna test ride the bike;AGAIN,ON THE HIGHWAY,THEN TAKE IT FOR ANOTHER 1-2 City Miles on the local streets-Just to see if I CAN get it to Repeat the sound(s)-NO LUCK,OF COURSE-AGAIN,WTF!!!!!!!! I EVEN TRYED Running it up to 100 MPH on the highway-Nothin different?!? AGAIN,WTF- ALL I CAN SAY IS,I GOT AN APPOINTMENT FOR THIS COMING WEDNESDAY MORNING FOR AN AIR CLEANER CLEANING/SUPPOSEDLY THIS NEW SHOP I'M TRYING OUT HAS A MECHANIC W/30+YRS. UNDER HIS BELT-I'M INTERESTED TOO SEE WHAT HIS OPINION OF MY BIKE/ MOTOR IS?.......I'm Really Not Looking for Any Trouble(S)/Problems-I'm just a Dumb ol Illinois Farm Boy tryin to Keep my bike in*1* Peice!!?!! AM I MAKIN ANY SENSE? OR AM I JUST Losin My Mind? ANYTHINGS POSSIBLE,I GUESS.....THANX FOR YOU BEARSLAYER,&ALL THE FORUM COMMUNITY MEMBERS* FOR LISTENING TO ME:) I trully LOVE THIS BIKE-Even though I'd LOVE to have a LARGER Belt Driven Ride(like a Vulcan900) but for the 3yrs./30,600+Miles it sure is FUN to ride-EVEN IF IT IS ONLY A 650:) @THE END of the Day-Bearslayer,You're Totollay/Absolutely Right-I just need to ride the Tires off this bike:) On Another Note,ONE THING I DID ABOUT THIS BIKE-EVER SINCE FROM THE BEGINNING-I NOTICED THAT IN THE HOT WEATHER THE REAR BRAKE CALIPER TENDS TO STICK&*SQUEAK-&*YES THE REAR CALIPER *HAS BEEN REPLACED!?! GO FIGURE-'RIDE YOUR KAW 'S TIL YOU DROP:)
I could not even get through reading a third of the above.

You really should learn to type with proper use of caps, punctuation, and paragraphs. Typing in all caps online is called "shouting" and is considered to be rude. Not making paragraphs is also hard to read. Not trying to be an ass, but trying to read posts like the above is really annoying as well as difficult for a lot of folks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use a k&n or a wix oil filter on mine because I know they will do the job of handling the oil pressure and the oil flow without any trouble. Th bike calls for 10w40 since it is a parallel twin motor like you get in the ninja and not a traditional V twin motor. I would always recommend running what the manufacturer recommended running since they do countless hours of testing for longevity and performance. 20w50 will probably be too thick in all cases for that little engine. As for running conventional vs semi syn vs full syn for changing the oil every 3k it won’t really matter too much. Honestly I have noticed that mine likes to run semi syn a little bit better than full syn. Each engine is different as weird as it may sound, some like syn some don’t it’s interesting.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I use a k&n or a wix oil filter on mine because I know they will do the job of handling the oil pressure and the oil flow without any trouble. Th bike calls for 10w40 since it is a parallel twin motor like you get in the ninja and not a traditional V twin motor. I would always recommend running what the manufacturer recommended running since they do countless hours of testing for longevity and performance. 20w50 will probably be too thick in all cases for that little engine. As for running conventional vs semi syn vs full syn for changing the oil every 3k it won’t really matter too much. Honestly I have noticed that mine likes to run semi syn a little bit better than full syn. Each engine is different as weird as it may sound, some like syn some don’t it’s interesting.
I could not even get through reading a third of the above.

You really should learn to type with proper use of caps, punctuation, and paragraphs. Typing in all caps online is called "shouting" and is considered to be rude. Not making paragraphs is also hard to read. Not trying to be an ass, but trying to read posts like the above is really annoying as well as difficult for a lot of folks.
Sorry for my Poor writing/punctuation&Bad use of the Caps-I was indeed just a little pissed when I wrote that Post. I'll Try to do better. Sorry for the annoyance,To All Forum readers/members. Thanks:)

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I used Mobil 1 full synth for motorcycles. I tried them all. My bike liked it and shifting was real smooth albeit, I drove only 6400 or so since Nov 2016 before I traded it in few weeks ago. I changed the oil 8x during that period. I can tell you my bike disliked Motul, Kawasaki oils. It always took exactly 2 quarts. I still used the Kawasaki OEM filter every time. Mike doesn’t ride in the rain, period. That’s just me. Dangerous enough with the ass clowns in Miami. Attempted murder on me at least 3x ride. Lol. Lane splitting buttheads too. Darn liter bikes don’t follow rules of the road down here. IMHO

21 - 28 of 28 Posts