Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have probably a stupid question but I really dont know.
My bike has the little sight glass for the oil level. Do I fill it halfway up the sight glass with the bike level or on the kickstand?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Level is measured with the bike upright. If you look closely, there are lines on the sightglass, to see "low" & "full". Slightly inconvenient, if you can't find someone to help. On my Vulcans, I used to sit on the bike and lean way-y-y-y over, to see it. Or I would hold the right passenger footpeg and right handlebar grip to balance it level (hard to do). Much easier to get Wifey to staddle the bike, so I could get on my hands and knees to see the damn thing! Hint: If you're by yourself, just use blocks of wood, under the side stand! Much easier, as long as the bike doesn't fall over!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well if that's the case I overfilled it last time. Oh well I'll change it again soon. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
521 Posts
Anywhere between the marks is acceptable. And yes a wife is handy to help check the level.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I saw a video on u tube and I built a center stand out of a 2x8x8 cut in half and bolted a 2x4x4 handle too it. Works slick. Just put the handle on the opposite side you want to work. Careful it can be a bit scary coming down and definitely not OSHA approved but works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts