Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the VN2000, but already loveit.
My bike is a 2004 model and I have an oil leak on the exhaust side. it is very slight and does not show at idle or when reved up at a stand. But after a ride of about 20 to 30 miles there is a slick that shows on the side cover. It appears to be coming from the bottom of the rear push rod cover. Any advise on how to determine exactly where it is coming from and what to do about it?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Oil over fill

My bike is a 2004 model and I have an oil leak on the exhaust side. it is very slight and does not show at idle or when reved up at a stand. But after a ride of about 20 to 30 miles there is a slick that shows on the side cover. It appears to be coming from the bottom of the rear push rod cover. Any advise on how to determine exactly where it is coming from and what to do about it?
You have overfilled your oil, overfill condition will pump oil out of your air intake/air filter, clean your air cleaner and check your oil level using the correct proceedure.
Idle your engine 4 min shut off come back 30 min later check oil level on dip stick, if above hash marks remove excess.
Bare

·
Registered
369 Posts
are u saying its coming from the rear valve cover, or the air cleaner cover?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Take off your air cleaner cover and remove the air filter you should see oil both places.
Clean it...........CHECK YOUR OIL LEVEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oil Leak

Thanks folks!
I discovered or determined the problem after I posted and it was an over fill.
I just purchased this bike from a dealer and apparently in thier eal in servicing the bike for me they overfilled. This "Oil Leak" was apparent on my first ride and dimimished on each ride there after. I made the servicing and rode New Years day with no sign of oil .
Thanks again for you responses.
Ken

1 - 5 of 5 Posts