Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not so good on the computor but here it goes, I have a vn2000ltd,2006 I put some money into it but not much I have arien ness pipes radious style a thunder intake w/a powercammander and had it dyno tested i have about 10k miles on it , two things happened to me last weekend someone cut me off on the highway so i went to down shift ,pulled in the clutch put realized I better hit the brakes to slow down faster i still had the clutch in at the time so so i hit the shifter one more time basically at that point i went down 2 gears but when i did the second time it was a real clunk in my trans i let the clutch out the rpms went up but I've gunned her harder then that and everything seemed ok as i drove about 30 min. later i started to hear a noise coming from my rear end the trans seemed strong no vibs,when i give her gas it goes , I pull in the clutch the noise is still there and the engine sounds good ???? so i got home checked the oil it was a little low I added some oil about 1/8th of a qt. took for a test drive no noise, but know I have oil coming out of my crankcase filter take thunder provided so i drained about the same amout out clean the filter the bike one ride no oil leak the second ride i got the same thing a little oil leak any advise would be great...

·
Registered
553 Posts
Was the bike straight up and down when you checked the oil or on the stand.
The manual says to make sure the bike is straight up when checking it.

If it's on the stand it will read low when it isn't.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oilleak

thanks dadinator,ya i did check it straight up,before i find myself at the mercy of the dealer im going to change the oil and take that chance to
change to amsoil and put in the factory spec oil quantity and hope that
works

·
Registered
85 Posts
On the VN2000 it is not as easy as one would think. You better have some time to check the oil per Kaw's instructions. I posted the instructions sent to me from Kawasaki as many of the owners were over filling the oil.

Take a look at the forum post under "How To" Checking oil on a VN2000 before going to the dealer.

Good luck

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
checking oil

thankyou Vulcanride for the info if and when it stops raining in mass.
i will follow those steps you out lined i feel this is my problem.

·
Registered
369 Posts
not so good on the computor but here it goes, I have a vn2000ltd,2006 I put some money into it but not much I have arien ness pipes radious style a thunder intake w/a powercammander and had it dyno tested i have about 10k miles on it , two things happened to me last weekend someone cut me off on the highway so i went to down shift ,pulled in the clutch put realized I better hit the brakes to slow down faster i still had the clutch in at the time so so i hit the shifter one more time basically at that point i went down 2 gears but when i did the second time it was a real clunk in my trans i let the clutch out the rpms went up but I've gunned her harder then that and everything seemed ok as i drove about 30 min. later i started to hear a noise coming from my rear end the trans seemed strong no vibs,when i give her gas it goes , I pull in the clutch the noise is still there and the engine sounds good ???? so i got home checked the oil it was a little low I added some oil about 1/8th of a qt. took for a test drive no noise, but know I have oil coming out of my crankcase filter take thunder provided so i drained about the same amout out clean the filter the bike one ride no oil leak the second ride i got the same thing a little oil leak any advise would be great...
you meen you have oil coming from your oil filter? when you say crankcase filter im assuming your oil filter. that shouldnt have anything to do with that noise your hearing from the transmission hopefully you didnt brake a tooth off of the steele plate in your trany

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oilleak

justinmccurdy25, the oil is coming out of the crank breather filter
when i checked my oil it was halfway of the crosslines on the dipstick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts