Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed what appears to be an oil leak from the bottom of the breather on my 900. Any one know what might cause this?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
409 Posts
The crankcase vents into the airbox, and a little oil will sometimes get blown in there and will pool. My personal experience was that there was no leaking until I removed the airbox cover to service the filter, then a couple of drops of oil came out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm having the same problem now..just posted in the 'oil' section for advice. Will let you know if i get anything useful.
My shop said it might just be the gasket around the cover is going..they didn't think it was serious, but it's bugging me, and it's messing up my chrome! lol It's more than a few drops- more like tablespoons..
Someone said the air filter might be clogged, so i may try cleaning it- mine's a KnN..
Cheers,

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Usually the problem is caused by overfilling the crankcase with oil. On my 900 I have to keep the oil level at no higher than the middle point between the high and low lines in the oil level sight glass. If I fill it even to near the upper sight glass fill line it will blow some oil into the air filter intake box.

·
Registered
34 Posts
After I cleaned everything up and made sure the oil level was correct, I haven't had any more issues with leaking. So I guess they were right, and it's not serious. Phewww!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts