Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 900 has leaked slowly since I got it 2000 miles ago, the stealership said it was the countershaft seal and has replaced it three times to date, now they think maybe it is not the countershaft seal. :rolleyes: Has anybody here had a similar problem?

·
Registered
231 Posts
No leaks here.
If the dealership keeps whacking their head against the wall, you might see if there's another Kawi dealership close by who can give you a second opinion... 3 seal replacements sounds a little fishy. If they always do what they always did----they'll always get what they always got.
Good Luck!:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found out from the dealership today the oil leak on my bike was from the factory, it seems the machine that spreads the rtv on the mateing surfaces of the crankcase missed a section about .75" long they had to take the engine apart and regasket it, no leaks now!

·
Registered
67 Posts
thats good to know... I brought my bike in for service/oil change, and when I got it home, it kept leaking small drops of oil.... I brought it back to the dealer, and it turns out they filled it with too much oil, so it was the excess that was leaking.... next time i'll change the oil myself

·
Registered
87 Posts
Too much oil? Did you check the oil level? Plus all the oil that fouled your spark plugs.

Good, meticulous mechanics these days are so hard to find. They are all Unscrew, tighten type guys.

I know this as the local kawasaki dealer messed up my friends carburettor on his vn 750. Had to call kawasaki for instructions on how to put it back !!! My friend got pissed that he traded that in for a VN900 along with me. His solace? its fuel injection and no carbs anymore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts