Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 900 LT and have less than 200 miles on it. I noticed a small oil spot under my bike. There is a hose hanging down under the center of the bike. Not sure where it goes but there is small amount of oil around it that drips some on the floor. Is this normal and will it go away after break in.
I really enjoy this forum ya'll give great advice and information.

Thanks
sureshot559

·
Registered
533 Posts
The crankcase breather hose is normally attached to the rear of the air box. Perhaps it's not attached properly and is hanging down?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crankcase breather hose attatched well ,finally had time to trace hose. It seems to be a vent from the top of the fuel tank. Unsure why it would drip unless condensation?
thanks for the suggestion. As you can tell I need all the help I can get

·
Registered
369 Posts
I just bought my 900 LT and have less than 200 miles on it. I noticed a small oil spot under my bike. There is a hose hanging down under the center of the bike. Not sure where it goes but there is small amount of oil around it that drips some on the floor. Is this normal and will it go away after break in.
I really enjoy this forum ya'll give great advice and information.

Thanks
sureshot559
That tube goes to your gas rank, it's an overflow for when you fill you gas tank over that neck that's inside the tank, just don't fill your tank so full, it's normal , it's gas

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hey Jim
Are you cycle or auto mech.? I think you should(and I am being serious) have your own troubleshooting blog called "ask Jimbo"

Not at all. The only bike I know anything about is the 900. Some of what I know I learned on my own. A lot of what I post is knowledge gotten from others who have "been there done that". I don't post on things I have no knowledge of at all. Thanks for the compliment, though.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts