Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to take a look at my air filter (2012 Classic, 2800 miles). When I removed the cover a few drops of oil dripped out onto the clutch cover and beyond. All total I'd say I had just over 1/4 teaspoon of oil pooled in the bottom of the air box. This was not clean oil. From what I've learned this is actually a normal function of the crankcase ventilation, but does this amount of oil seem excessive? My oil level (window) is at the max mark.

Also, I saw an interesting video on Youtube about a mod involving a mister hose and fitting that essentially routes this oil directly into the throttle body duct. Has anyone been using this mod?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I had this problem once caused by over filling oil. I am not familiar with the classic but on a 1700 only fill to middle of min-max marks not all the way to max or there will be oil in the breather every time. I have heard of adding an extra can or tank to route the breather hose into but not into the throttle body.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tinker was right

Have done that to my 2008 900 a couple of times. Too much oil. Middle of sight glass is about right. Just clean it out and don't worry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts