Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much oil spends your bike on the route of 1000 km. I asked this question because I have never had problems with oil consumption on any motorcycle, but it seems that the VN 2000 have these problems. I'm not in control around 3000 km oil in the engine, and today when I came back from the road seemed to me that my bike is a little louder, after controlling for oil turned out to be wrong with 2 liters, but the lamp of oil has not signaled that the lack of oil, I hope that we lack of oil has not made any damage to the motorcycle because it is inside there were still about 3 liters of oil, I noticed that it happened when I was driving on expressways over 150 km / hour. What is your experience?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I know, start the engine, you let it run for about 5 minutes, stop motor, wait about 3 minutes, you keep it in balance on the flat, unscrew the dipstick, dipstick cleanse, rolled up to the end of the dipstick and unscrew it and then the dipsick control the oil level.

·
Registered
563 Posts
My first thought after reading your post is that if you are riding at 150 kmh than your engine is revving a lot higher on a consistent basis than most riders here in America. We go to jail if caught going at those speeds, or at the very least a VERY expensive fine.The V2K is designed to be a cruiser and I believe extended running at high revolutions may cause some oil consumption.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts