Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a dumb question but im fairly new to bikes and i havent had my vulcan very long. I was trying to remove the oil fill cap on my bike and i cant get it to budge. i tried several tools and it even started to bend some it was so tight. what am i doing wrong? how do i get this off?

·
Registered
782 Posts
The back end of the shock adjuster tool that came with the bike fits right in that slot and gets her out pretty easily. I will admit that the cap gets stuck pretty good. Also, you can use a BIG flat washer held by a pair of vise grips or something.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I use a very heavy duty screwdriver with a very thick shaft and blade along with a towel to minimize scratching to screw. Um, wait a sec, something doesn't sound right here..............

·
Registered
451 Posts
When cap is stuck, I use a big-arse Craftsman screwdriver with a square shank that I can put a crescent wrench on.

Ebay has lots of replacement oil caps in various colors including chrome, that have a tab on them.

·
Banned
334 Posts
Is there an after market cap available that alleviate this madness?.
There's lots of them on Ebay, just search "vulcan 900 oil cap" and pick whatever style suits you. I got a simple chrome cap for $8 and it works perfectly.

Joe

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi
I went to my local professional tool supply dealer. They had a 1/2 inch drive socket that had a wide flat screwdriver type end on it. It works perfect.In fact this tool supplier also got me some motion pro tools at less then what I found on ebay or anywhere on the net.

Bill

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
pm,, man put up some real coin.. aint you got a whole quarter?.. 'sides defacing gov issue coinage is a felony.. you dont own em, they be jus on loan till uncle bobo calls em back in. he needs yor moola to buy his votes.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
pm,, man put up some real coin.. aint you got a whole quarter?.. 'sides defacing gov issue coinage is a felony.. you dont own em, they be jus on loan till uncle bobo calls em back in. he needs yor moola to buy his votes.
Can't get two "two bits" in there side by side, and only one won't fill up the slot!
Plus, they're still worth what they were before I put them to good use, but they'll never be worth what it costs Uncle Sam (er, us!) to stamp them out!

·
Registered
941 Posts

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Originally Posted by DaSiver
I use the back side of a seal puller I got from the parts store.

ds,, man, that has got to hurt!

Is that for pulling baby or adult seals?

baby bikes have baby seals. ouch!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts