Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to Kawasaki so I have a question or 2 . I have a 06 meanstreak 1600 and looking to see what everyone runs for oil and coolant. My honda vtx I ran rotella and worked great...any suggestions?
Thanks Brian

·
Registered
157 Posts
Since it gets changed fairly often I use regular non-synthetic; Valvoline 4 stroke motorcycle 10-40. So far so good. Haven't done the coolant yet but will try to get to it before riding season. I will probably use whatever the manual suggests.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Valvoline makes a good motorcycle oil. Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, and Honda sell good oil and antifreeze for motorcycles. I use Harley straight petroleum oil on my Harley, because it is air cooled, with a separate oil for the primary and transmission. I don't use synthetic on my bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
Royal Purple Motorcycle (synthetic) 20W-50 in the summer due to Georgia heat and 10W-40 during the cooler months. I put enough miles on (most years) to do a spring and fall change sometimes twice or more for the summer months. Change at 4000 - 4500 miles.

I use O'Reily's yellow Universal (not the Dexcool compatible) 50/50 coolant. Change it every 2 years.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
for rad fluid you can go to nearest Honda car dealership and get a jug of Honda type 2 50/50 blue pre-mix, for oil any of the 15w40 diesel oils is good cause of the extra phosphate in it for bearings and gears protection and about synthetic oil if you do use that make sure you change it out at same mileage you would regular dino oil cause both will still become dirty regardless if it's synthetic or not

1 - 6 of 6 Posts