Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its probably common to have oil in the bottom of the air cleaner cover,but thought I,d ask to make sure.Just got this bike today & new to the site so if its been brought up allot sorry.

It looks like the original air cleaner, wondering if they even make a K&N air filter for the 900

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Hey .....Yes is normal and nothing 2 worry about......It is fumes and gases from the crank case that carry a bit of moisture that turns 2 oil residue and all u do is wipe it out once in awhile........:)

·
Registered
719 Posts
It's normal but easy to eliminate. Cap off the nipple on the back of the housing. Get a small automotive filter for about $8 and stick in the end of the hose. You can loosen the hose at the back of the front cylinder and point the filter upward or get more hose and route it wherever you want. Mines now up under the fuel tank. You'll get a whiff of blowby occasionally. No K&N. Do a search and find discussions on intakes.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Its probably common to have oil in the bottom of the air cleaner cover,but thought I,d ask to make sure.Just got this bike today & new to the site so if its been brought up allot sorry.

It looks like the original air cleaner, wondering if they even make a K&N air filter for the 900
they are right, its normal. there is a little clear bubble behind your air filter housing that hold the excess oil that accumulates. all you have to do every six months or so is empty it out so it doesn't overflow into your air filter case. it doesn't hurt, its just a nuisance

·
Registered
369 Posts

oh, forgot to tell you that if you want to get another air filter online. www.babbits.com has an awesome selection of everything you need for your specific bike

·
Registered
711 Posts
Yeap, its pretty normal. No aftermarkets filter replacements that I know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts