Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Oh my, what a difference:)

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Kyrocket 
#1 ·
Well, as most of you know I made my own air intake a few months back and as I figured it would it was running lean. Bike had Cobra speedster longs on it when I bought it and a stock air box. PO didn't know much about it because he only had it a few months and decided to sell it because he was 5' 3" and could barely tip toe it. I've been limiting my riding until I could figure out what I wanted to do. Well, being the cheap-o I am I finally found a fuel tuner (Arlen Ness, Cheap Shot) for $82 and decided to give it a go. Got it in the mail yesterday and proceded to tear into the bike. I took the plugs out just to inspect them and lo and behold they showed signs of running lean. Cleaned em up, anti-seized them and a little dab of terminal grease for good measure and re-installed. Found the injector wires, cut em, spliced em, wrapped everything good and tight and got it all placed where I wanted it. Set the pots at the suggested settings for now and will fine tune it later. Took it around the block last night and noticed a big difference and rode into work this morning and boy am I glad I spent the money. The throttle response is noticably different especially up around 2500 RPMs. I left all the slack in it so I can pull it up between the seat and tank and fine tune it one evening to get everything I can out of it but all in all it was an easy install.

#3 ·
Let me ask you all this, will adding a fuel tuner/fuel to the mix make the bike sound louder? I know it sounds strange but the wife and I both think it sounds louder since adding the fuel tuner. Weird huh? Anyway, I got a chance last night to really stretch her legs and it's much more enjoyable. I really must have been runnning her lean to make that much of a difference, I'm glad I limited the riding to what I did. I'll be riding much more in the near future because of a job change. Right now I live a mile from work and starting Monday I'll be commuting 45 minutes one way and hope to ride the bike much more. It's all super slab but I can take country roads if I have an extra 20 - 30 minutes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.