Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I go to start my 2014 Vulcan 900 Classic. Only thing aftermarket is three LED strips from million color LED. They've been on since christmas with no trouble. I turn the key, and get the normal whirring clicking sounds as it primes. Hit the starter. Nothing. The clock goes off, no lights, nothing. Completely dead in the water. Cycle the key, nothing. Put it on the trickle charger for a few hours, nothing. Buy a brand new battery, again, nothing. Now, the lights which are hooked direct to the batter work just fine, but turning the key still yields absolutely no effect on the bike, no clock, no lights, no sounds, nothing at all.

What in god's name could have just happened?!

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
just asking the simple things sometimes overlooked, kick stand up? in neutral? sounds a fuse too, underseat.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
shocked a battery on a 2014 is dead unless you left key on... did you ask them to check the battery you had, IE: put a load test on it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just asking the simple things sometimes overlooked, kick stand up? in neutral? sounds a fuse too, underseat.
Yep, tried kickstand up, and in neutral. When I say dead, I mean, ya know how when you turn the key, you get a whirring noise as it primes, and lights come on on the dial? Not even that happens. Absolutely nothing. I REALLY hope it's just a fuse, but I don't know how to check that.

I'm freaking out, because this takes my two person household down to one vehicle JUST as I start getting scheduled for flights lol. The timing cannot possibly be any worse, and no shops are open today.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shocked a battery on a 2014 is dead unless you left key on... did you ask them to check the battery you had, IE: put a load test on it.
No, I didn't, I was severely pressed for time, so I just bought a new one. I'd left the key on for a few hours a week back, and it had been starting weakly ever since, so it just seemed to make sense.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Hopefully someone here with more knowledge will come through to help.. Romans is pretty good here too.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hopefully someone here with more knowledge will come through to help.. Romans is pretty good here too.
When it comes to wrenching, I'm half retarded, lol. I hadn't even considered the fuse, and I'm certainly finding religion hoping that's all it is! I just wish I knew how check...

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
pull your seat up.. I don't have a 900 anymore and haven't been under the seat for awhile.. it will be around the battery

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
and I am half retarded period, on anything... only half as smart as google will let me

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
another question where did you get the battery, some batteries you need to have a charge on it I believe

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
another question where did you get the battery, some batteries you need to have a charge on it I believe
I got it from a local store that specializes in batteries. They said no charging necessary (I asked), it's guaranteed good to go out of the box. It powers my aftermarket LEDs just fine, so I know the battery isn't the issue afterall.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pull your seat up.. I don't have a 900 anymore and haven't been under the seat for awhile.. it will be around the battery
What would I be looking for? To know it's blown?

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
hmmmm.. hopefully someone will chime in now far smarter than I..

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
150 people have viewed this thread, but Romans, or sfair, when they get on may be able to help

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
1 - 20 of 53 Posts