Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody: Gotta dumb question. Bought some OEM lowers. They have a light blue film on them that doesn't peel off. How do I get it off w/o scratching the clear plastic underneath. Thks
Steve
Denver

·
Registered
450 Posts
Anyone know if they fit with a Memphis Shades Fats windshield? I was tyring to look at the installation instructions, but I can't figure out how they mount to the bike fromt he lame diagrams they have.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Anyone know if they fit with a Memphis Shades Fats windshield? I was tyring to look at the installation instructions, but I can't figure out how they mount to the bike fromt he lame diagrams they have.
I don't believe they will mount with the Memphis Fats shield. The OEM lowers are designed to mount to the brackets for the OEM windshield. Memphis Shades does sell a nice set of clamp-on lowers, though. They come with a nice clamp that clamps to the upper fork tubes, and they work as well, if not better than the OEM ones.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I don't believe they will mount with the Memphis Fats shield. The OEM lowers are designed to mount to the brackets for the OEM windshield. Memphis Shades does sell a nice set of clamp-on lowers, though. They come with a nice clamp that clamps to the upper fork tubes, and they work as well, if not better than the OEM ones.
But they look ugly.... I have some custom ones made by a forum member, but I over tightened the mounting bolts and cracked them and am looking at otions for replacements.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts