Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can say this, because I ride one, and it is something that bugs me.

The Vulcan Classic LT bags on this beast are too small. They look like a gnat on an elephant's a**

However, I can't seem to find a style I like. Who has something else thats bigger.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

I have looked at both, as well as Leatherlyke.

Leatherlyke still seems a bit small. I haven't seen a pic of Vikings on a VN2K.
Their website indicates they are a bit larger.

I am not sure about shiny hard bags...........scratches.

The OEMs are really, really well made, and won't scratch like the shiny ones, just too small. If I could sell em, I might do something different. I guess I am still used to (and miss) the storage on my GL1800

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
just bag it

Leatherlyke still seems a bit small. I am not sure about shiny hard bags...........scratches.
Early, your welds are broken. LeatherLyke are 2oo small. I had them on several bikes. nice bags, just 2oo dang small! specially on this big bear beast. The biggest bags are them Tsukayu JUMBO's. I's got em. you can have em for cheap, also that top trunk.. still in the box it came in. Am not too overly pleased with the finish on these items. Fiberglass. not all the edges line up well. Still they'r cheap if you wahn em.

as for being shiney. you's dont have to paint em shiney. paint em not shiney. kick em around a little, like they been on the road a while. give em some character... kinda like you, broke welds and all.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Early, your welds are broken. LeatherLyke are 2oo small. I had them on several bikes. nice bags, just 2oo dang small! specially on this big bear beast. The biggest bags are them Tsukayu JUMBO's. I's got em. you can have em for cheap, also that top trunk.. still in the box it came in. Am not too overly pleased with the finish on these items. Fiberglass. not all the edges line up well. Still they'r cheap if you wahn em.

as for being shiney. you's dont have to paint em shiney. paint em not shiney. kick em around a little, like they been on the road a while. give em some character... kinda like you, broke welds and all.
cheap is a relative term, so how much.........I'm thinking like $12 bucks.

seriously pm me

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
cheap is a relative term, so how much.........I'm thinking like $12 bucks.
so you know mr.cheap too? we must be related,,, er, yikes! (scratch, scratch, scratch) But for all of 12 bux I will throw in 2 cans of spray paint with the bags (my choice of color(s) not the same or even full). but the shipping and handling is gonna eat your lunch! Hey, they get away with it on late nite tv ads,,, just 19.95,,, but wait! you also get a second one free! (for additional s&h, cost more than the products worth).

·
Registered
136 Posts
I got brand new leatherlykes...the largest ones they make........at a deal for
195.00.........problem was that they were for a Meanstreak. I made a neat adapter so you can't really tell. Point is.they look more right than the stockers, and they don't get saggy like leather does..I hate that. The LL's work good. They are big enough to get by.....but I came right off a Wing, so everything else is relative. There is not much I could do to match THAT capacity:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was looking to upgrade my seat to a Mustang and saw the universal Mustang saddlebags on their website.

I agree that the OEM saddlebags look too small on my bike.

Does anyone have these Mustang saddlebags on their Vn2000?
Do they fit?
Are they worth the price?
Mustang recommends EasyBracket but they do not make one for a Vn2000. Any recommendations for mounting.

Thanks

·
Registered
408 Posts
I've always thought it would be nice to have one exhaust on each side at the level of the factory bottom pipe and bags that could go that much further down. It would better lend the bike to the light touring nomenclature in the name (and probably hold another 6 pack in each side).

·
Registered
232 Posts
I had the Leatherlyke bags on the V2K. They are too small and to me didn't compliment the bike at all.
I have the Corbin Beetlebags now. GIGANTIC storage space. They also look supreme.
But mine came with these bags when I bought it or I wouldn't have spent the enormous price they ask. If you have the money though you would be happy with the Corbin bags.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I was looking to upgrade my seat to a Mustang and saw the universal Mustang saddlebags on their website.

I agree that the OEM saddlebags look too small on my bike.

Does anyone have these Mustang saddlebags on their Vn2000?
Do they fit?
Are they worth the price?
Mustang recommends EasyBracket but they do not make one for a Vn2000. Any recommendations for mounting.

Thanks
Your Google skills need work.

Ghost Brackets:
Ghost Brackets Quick Release Saddlebag System - Vulcan 2000

Easy Brackets:
EasyBrackets Saddlebag Mounting System- Kawasaki VN2000 Vulcan Classic

Also, the Mustang saddlebags look identical to the Tsukayu units and are most likely made by Tsukayu.

·
BOTM Winner, October 2016
537 Posts
Corbin bags compliment the lines of the bike very well. You can also adapt Nomad bags, Victory Cross Country hardbags, Softail Deluxe bags or go with Custom made
bags...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm looking at Saddlemen Saddle Bags for my Vulcan 900.
I've seen good reviews (also know a few people who have them on their bikes) and they are fairly inexpensive in various options.
They have them at my Local dealer too and they seem to be well made.
The hard bags though, do you have to repaint them or do they match factory colors (or just the OEM stuff)?

·
BOTM Winner, October 2016
537 Posts
Some places offer color matching for an extra fee. I have bought used, so I need to repaint mine. Guess it all depends on how much work you want to do or if bolt on is more your style.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts