Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new mustang seat today so I thought I'd just slap it on really easily but it took me a while because I had an issue getting the back rest back on. The seat is kind of snug under the back rest so I decided to take my passenger back rest off for the first time since I put it on a month ago and I really had to pull on the levers to get them up and then when I went to put it back on it was like 1/4" off from the hook grabbing the bracket on the left side. After a lot of cussing I had to loosen the bolts on the seat that connects to the pad to get that extra 1/4" to get it back on. Like I said this is the first time I've taken it off and I didn't have this issue when I installed it but when I installed it I just snapped the hooks on there and then bolted the pad onto it so I never actually had a fully assembled seat that I snapped on. Did I do something wrong on the install because it looks like the left side needs to be bent like a 1/4" for it to line up right? I was wonder if maybe if it is a tight fit to leave room for the luggage rack if you decide to put that on?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Not sure what to tell you but my Ultimate passenger seat was really on tight. I felt like I would snap the key off when I first tried to remove it.
What I finally came to was the seat pan was not perfect OEM and if I pushed down hard on the latch area before turning the key it would pop right up.

Take your time and fidget with it. I've had Mustang before it was quirky as well.

I will say I like the Ultimate better. It's not as hard as a Mustang and does not sit you so far back.

Cheers...

Gary

1 - 2 of 2 Posts