Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I'm wanting to get some touch up paint for my bike from colorite. Is the lighter color Pearl Meteor Gray or Metallic Moondust Gray?

Thanks!
Crg,Ordered the titanium gray from them,NOT EVEN CLOSE,Called them,,,,,,,That is the code we have sir,,,,,threw paint away,went to dupont store matched it perfectly,Will never buy colorite again,jmo:surprise:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Crg,Ordered the titanium gray from them,NOT EVEN CLOSE,Called them,,,,,,,That is the code we have sir,,,,,threw paint away,went to dupont store matched it perfectly,Will never buy colorite again,jmo:surprise:
What about Touch Up Paint Direct? They sell color + clear coat together for $25.95. I'm just needing enough paint to cover the wear spots from the previous seat I had.

https://touchupdirect.com/touch-up-paint/?tud_type=5&tud_brand=35&tud_model=1208&tud_year=2012

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
What about Touch Up Paint Direct? They sell color + clear coat together for $25.95? I'm just needing enough paint to cover the wear spots from the previous seat I had.

https://touchupdirect.com/touch-up-paint/?tud_type=5&tud_brand=35&tud_model=1208&tud_year=2012
Worth a shot,think the metal flake is the problem,not out much if you do order it and it's not right,Took my bike to a dupont store,Damn a hyundai paint matched,filled in my chip and good as new:wink2:cost 30 each place ,out 60 bucks but hey:wink2:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just ordered from Touch Up Direct. Bought the jars instead of the pens. Same price for both, but the brush included with the jars seems better for precise application.

I'll provide an update once they come in and I start painting.

·
Registered
68 Posts
That's upsetting - I ordered a fairing from tsukayu and just emailed to have them color match the bike (colorrite as well) and I really hope it's close to my stock color

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Paint arrived Thursday. I have not worked withbitvyet. However, from what I saw on the brush, this paint is metal flaked like oem and appears to be close in color. Based on the instructions, they claim the paint will not match oem until it has the clear coat added.

I will try to snap a pic of each stage. If I recall, it is 2 to 3 applications of base with 2 to 3 applications of clear. They say give the final coat 3 to 5 days to cure.

It might be this evening or later before I get to it. I need to go grab a prep wipe first.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess there is a reason I am not an artist... Just put on second coat of clear. One side appears darker than the other at this time, the paint is flaking while applying cc even though I waited the required time between coats. I feel like I should have left it alone now. Pics coming a in a bit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts