Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Nomad 1700 that has the OEM rear pillon seat that locks with the key via the left side panel key slot. The rear pillon then also holds the front seat from being removed.

I'm buying a backrest that's said to be for 2009 and 2010 Vulcan seats which leads me to think the 09s and 10s did not have the seat lock ?

What year did Kawa implement this Vulcan seat lock and is there any real difference in the seats from 2010 to 2011.

The backrest I'm looking at is a Bakup USA brand.

·
Registered
82 Posts
They probably just haven't updated their website. I have a 2011 nomad & a friend of mine has a 2009 nomad & the seats come off the same way.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, for some reason my email did not notify me of your replies. I've since also checked the 09 manual and found it's seat locked as you said.

Actually I've found I don't need that seat pad anyhow. I think the Grasshopper pad is gonna work out just fine.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks, for some reason my email did not notify me of your replies. I've since also checked the 09 manual and found it's seat locked as you said.

Actually I've found I don't need that seat pad anyhow. I think the Grasshopper pad is gonna work out just fine.
I have a 2010 Nomad and the grasshopper backrest is excellent! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts