Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

In Australia Kawasaki do not import the lightbar for the VN900 Classic. I can get the one for the Custom.

Question is will a custom fit onto a classic.

Or does anyone know for a fact a part number of a aftermarket one the will fit a 2016 VN900 Classic with OEM windshield and lowers fitted.

Since I have to import it from america and the exchange rate and postage I dont want to buy one and then try and send it back if it doesnt fit it can take three weeks just to get here. (Big Headache for sure)

Cheers Guys and Gals

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm never gave that a thought.

I just looked and it is $305 singapore dollars which works out to be $274 au dollars but it is shipped from america.

Work that one out.
The just boggles lol

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
custom light bar .... PART #: K32001-013

classic light bar.... part # K32001-010

go to your dealer and have a look at where the bar mounting points are under the headlight and see if the headlight clearances are the same..... there are different lowers on the classic for with. or with out light bars listed in maw kawi's accessory guide.

Hell, Kawasaki OZ should be able to get you a light bar using the oem classic part number,

I have dealt with these guys a lot ....meancycles.com .... give them a email for shipping costs .... light bars at this link ...http://www.meancycles.com/store/main/category.cfm?id=2330&bikeModelID=5764

Its a shame I am not coming over this year ... my mom lives in Goolwa, I could get you one.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi whiting57

I am going to goolwa tomorrow hows thats for chance.

Unfortunatley kawi here dont stock anything they have to order it and it takes weeks to get sometimes.
I ordered my windscreen and lowers and the lowers took 5 weeks to arrive. (bloody shocking)

Kawaski will not order anything that is not on there website even if it is on the american or UK site, they just say NO.

I will lookup these parts and see what i can organise.

Thanks so much.
John

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I ran the cobra lights on my classic .... the thing I liked about the cobra's is they have a on/off switch on the light bar itself ... what ever you do, make sure you wire them into the "key power" ..... that way there is no power to the lights when the key is turned off.

P.S. .... don't forget to stop at the bake shop in Middleton .... I sure do miss their finger buns. LOL

·
Registered
357 Posts
Be careful with the Custom bar on the Classic. The wiring for the turn/running lights are different. A guy I ride with put the Custom bar on his Classic and kept blowing fuses. Put the Classic bar on and everything was fine. He found that the way the lights are grounded on the Custom bar was causing his turn signals to short out when he would use them. One would think they would be the same, but that is not the case.

I am not sure what they do on the Cobra bar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts