Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the OEM Kawasaki backrest on Ebay for $50.

http://www.kawasaki.com/KawasakiNew/Accessories2/PCItemsList.aspx?intCatalogID=1&intCatalogType=4&ProductTypeID=63&ModelMarketingId=586&CategoryId=162

With an MSRP of $400 I felt I couldn't pass it up. Now for my question, the assembly does not come with a pad itself. Is there an aftermarket product that will work with it that may be more comfortable or is it best to just buy the pad from Kawasaki?

By the way I'm new and I'm picking up my Vulcan from the dealer first thing in the morning, YIPPPEEEEE!

any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I can't help you on the backrest pad as I am just getting ready to order the backrest, but you will really enjoy the 900 regardless of flavor, classic or custom.

Congratulations on an excellent choice!:)

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have the Cobra sissy bar/luggage rack with a backrest pad. I have the medium one, out of the three they offer.

I'm only guessing, but I would think for the holes to line up, you need to have the same brand.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I added a backrest to VN-2K after I got it (I got it used and it was setup as a solo bagger). If memory serves me (which is a struggle, I'll go ahead and tell you!), Mustang has replacement pads that will fit. Likewise, I remember there also being some on sites like JC Whitney (www.jcwhitney.com) and Cruiser Customizing (www.cruisercustomizing.com).

Puckach is right, you will have to look at the pads to ensure they fit the specific sissy bar you purchased or redrill the holes.

One last option would be to check a local upolstry shop. They can make one for the same price if not cheaper than purchasing OEM or equiv. replacement.

Just a thought...
Gator

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Backrest Pad

Thanks for the input. The dealer I purchased the bike from from sold me the OEM pad for a fairly good price.

I guess I wasn't very specific about the model I purchased but it's a 2006 Classic. I did quite a bit of price searching before I bought it and found it to be a reasonable price at $3,800. It has only 1130 original miles and comes with a windshield and engine guard. Not sure what kind of pricing you are seeing in your regional areas but I'm hoping this was a good price. :confused:

·
Registered
711 Posts
How about some pics of your ride??
Welcom to the forum

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sounds like a nice deal Yahtz and welcome to the forum. The bike is barely broken in. What color is it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
sounds like a good deal. I got my 06' for $4,000 and it had around 6000 miles on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts