Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing my Scootworks front pulley, I seem to notice a single ping when I let the clutch out the first time after a cold start. I don't think it was there before and I can't figure what it is. The pulley is spinning free even though I haven't yet gotten rid of all the belt squeak. And like I said, it only pings once when I let out on the clutch the first time after the bike has been allowed to sit for a while and cool down. Has anyone else run into this one?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Can't say as i have, Jeep.
Maybe the new metal is clinging to the rubber after it cools down and what you're hearing is it breaking loose? Only thing i can think of.
If it was a loose pully, seems like you'd hear it all the time, not just when it was cold.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the idea Helek, but I can rule that one out. I roll the bike backwards out of my garage before starting it. There is no sound while I roll it so the belt isn't stuck to the pulley per se. It is only after I start her up that I hear the sound. It is almost like there is something in the clutch that is coming up to pressure or ramping up to speed and then I hear the one time ping sound. Almost like I am an old style oven timer. Anyway, thanks again.

As for everyone else, keep those ideas coming.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts