Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang

I noticed the other day when going through a nice left hand then right hand sweeper a weird howl kind of noise (there was a wall beside me each way) coming from I think the front wheel?

Anyone heard that?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Probably tire cupping. Bridgestones are the worst about doing this Imo. I used to tell everyone I didn't need those little deer horns because I had Bridgestones

·
Registered
674 Posts
Definitely the tires... On a smooth road surface I've had Michelin Commander II's really howling when they're leaned over. I thought it might be something to do with the dual compound?

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
I used to hear a really bad howling noise when I took corners. So I started leaving her at home and I don't hear it anymore.:devil2:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so the noise is getting progressively worse, especially on left turn. I suspect it's wheel bearing. I'm going to investigate and will let you know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, guys, I have noticed that on my 1600 Classic, too. Steering left feels like a vibration and is a little noisy, too. Right turn does not do any of that. Will have to look at the tire. Thinking it may be cupping, although when I looked at the tire, it looked good. Will have to take a closer look see.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, guys, I have noticed that on my 1600 Classic, too. Steering left feels like a vibration and is a little noisy, too. Right turn does not do any of that. Will have to look at the tire. Thinking it may be cupping, although when I looked at the tire, it looked good. Will have to take a closer look see.
Mine was a scalloped tire, mainly on the left, probably because I can lean further left, but more tire pressure and the sound is almost gone now, but no cupping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts