Mystery Designs Cobra Kit
Cat Eye LED brake lights
Custom Triple Trees 6 1/4 degree rake
HD Tour Box and Rack
Power Commander Fuel
BrakeAway Motorcycle Cruise Control
Chrome Radiator Grill
1 1/4" Tow Hitch

And the story: Bought the bike, had hip surgery, so we triked the beast and could not be happier with it.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
goof'rs, that thars one nice triek! how bout you do an expose' on your construction project? would be good to see pix of various stages of development and degree of difficulty. there may be future kaw-triek'ers hiding here. what say you give us a peek under her skirt? out, ponch

·
Registered
445 Posts
Congrats on the win! Love the V2K trike it's an awsome looking bike.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Very nice

Congrats one2goof!

Year: 2007
Model: VN2000 Classic LT.
Eng size: 2053
Pipes: Custom Dual
Seat: stock
Wheels: Carroll Shelby Wheels tires Goodyear Eagle F1 255/40/17
Accessories:
Cobra Bullet Spotlight Assembly
Cobra Steel Lightbar
Cobra Fatty Freeway Bars
Küryakyn Dually ISO-Pegs
Mystery Designs Independent Suspension System
Mystery Designs Cobra Kit
Cat Eye LED brake lights
Custom Triple Trees 6 1/4 degree rake
HD Tour Box and Rack
Power Commander Fuel
BrakeAway Motorcycle Cruise Control
Chrome Radiator Grill
1 1/4" Tow Hitch

And the story: Bought the bike, had hip surgery, so we triked the beast and could not be happier with it.
Really clean lookin love the 2 tone paint, maybe continue 2 tone somehow to the rear fenders???

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
it's only money... what else 'r you gonna do with it?

That is one sweet looking trike :) I bet he has close to 10k in her not counting the bike her self.:eek:
I read elsewhere, goofers got about 12k in that thing. Thats about right, he did a self install and the kit required some cutting n welding.. I think.

There is a trike kit mfg, I think here in texas that makes a bolt on kit w/body for the v2k. It is a solid axle not independant suspension like goofy's "mystery design" brand.

Most kits are closer to $7k for the chassis n body. Add nother 3k for 'lectric reverse & raked steering head. Add $2k for install, many mfg require a dealer.

I got hosed and had to shell 'nother $3k for the factory to fix the dealer f'ups.

am looking at a new TRIO set of wheels for some the lady's and kids who want to learn to ride my bikes. check this out www.piaggiousa.com

alterior motive; after studying this front end design up close n personal, I think to see if it can be ported over to a "real motorcycle". maybe the guzzi and then later a scaled up version for a big hammer. out, ponch

·
Registered
215 Posts
Sorry missed this post. Ponch is right about 12k is what I have in mine but I have no reverse when i sat on her and pushed she rolled real easy so I stopped the never ending search for reverse. the triple tree was the hardest to find for the VN2000. I have the website from the guy who did mine if anyone wants it ( I am not sure if I can post his web here or if it is against the forum rules) either way he hooked me up on some sexy trees. So thru all the trials and tribulations I ask myself would I do it again ?...... hummmm YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT.

·
Registered
616 Posts
The ULTIMATE TRIKE

Fantastic!!! guess there is hope for life after 65 LOL
Wonderful job , did you do the conversion assembly yourself??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts