Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any lower ny vulcan riders. Looking to hit some long rides through connecticut and hudson valley coming up

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Just went on a great ride up to Newburgh. Went up 9W to Bear Mountain, across the bridge up 9D across the Beacon Bridge. Great ride, we ended it at Motorcyclepedia, a terrific motorcycle museum. We will be doing it again sometime in June. The place is just to big for one hour.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i usually take 17 from there up to new paltz but i have never been to the museam where is it located

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Yeah i usually take 17 from there up to new paltz but i have never been to the museam where is it located
The museum is at 250 Lake Street in Newburgh.
It's really easy to find and well worth the time.

When I go with friends from west of me, we go 287 to 17 in Suffern then to 7 lakes.
287 lets us get the Lead Foot out of our systems so we can enjoy the back roads.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I just did Yonkers to west point up 9a, stopped at bear mtn and then hit up 7 lakes drive then to a park on the ny/nj border looking over the Hudson...
7 Lakes was crazy this Sunday, they had some kind of Bicycle marathon going on, between the Police and the Bicycles, not much fun at all for us.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I live in queens... I'd ride wherever.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
430 Posts
Bethpage Long Island. Call the ball. Where we off to?
The Bear Mountain run is nice.
I've done the Delaware River Gap a couple times.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking the Del River Gap. Head down 87 to 80 ride north up to Matamorus and take 84 back over the Newburgh Bridge. I think its about 250 miles round trip. This weekends weather is supposed to suck but first weekend in June is what im shooting for

·
Registered
430 Posts
I was thinking the Del River Gap. Head down 87 to 80 ride north up to Matamorus and take 84 back over the Newburgh Bridge. I think its about 250 miles round trip. This weekends weather is supposed to suck but first weekend in June is what im shooting for
When do you wanna ride out there?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Suffolk county here and always up for a ride, well as long as my schedule permits. It's tough when my work gets in the way of having fun.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm down. I work every Saturday for the next 3 weeks but Sunday's can be arranged.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yeah man, the more the merrier.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I can't go this Sunday because my daughter is getting married on Saturday.
Upside is the whole thing takes place at the Overlook Lodge at Bear Mountain. The Downside is my wife said, "NO MOTORCYCLE", but at least I'll be to busy to miss it.

Please , let me know for the next ride. I drive to Queens quite often, I'd like a reason to go by bike.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts