Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...today I became a proud owner of a 1990 Vulcan 500.
27K miles....very nice shape....used all season by the previous owner.
It rode great on the 60 mile journey from the seller's home to its winter storage. No issues, thrilling and fun!

Now if only our 5 months of NH winter would pass quickly.....

img_20141109_122352-resized-1024 (2) by bob40caliber, on Flickr

4 (2) by bob40caliber, on Flickr

· Registered
182 Posts
Nice bike. When you are checking it over, have a look at the flywheel magneto. These early models (up to 1996) were prone to the magnets breaking up. The OEM flywheel had the magnets glued on in segments. I was lucky with mine, as when I opened it up, the magnets were just starting to separate. You can get an upgraded flywheel on ebay, with the magnet all in one piece, thus eliminating the problem of potential serious damage.

Good luck, you are going to love this bike!

· Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Marcus--I rode it from the seller's house directly to where I store my bikes for the winter. The place I use changes the oil, washes the bike, puts sta-bil in, puts it on a battery tender, parks it in a dry heated space and covers it. I won't see them again till April. In April before I pick it up they polish it, start it, safety inspect it,and set tire pressures.
But next year I think I'll delay it just a little bit longer. Today its 50 degrees.....but we could have snow on Friday!

· Premium Member
12,019 Posts
Marcus--I rode it from the seller's house directly to where I store my bikes for the winter. The place I use changes the oil, washes the bike, puts sta-bil in, puts it on a battery tender, parks it in a dry heated space and covers it. I won't see them again till April. In April before I pick it up they polish it, start it, safety inspect it,and set tire pressures.
But next year I think I'll delay it just a little bit longer. Today its 50 degrees.....but we could have snow on Friday!
What do they charge for this service?

· Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What do they charge for this service?
The cost is $275.
Now that may sound high to some.....but I come from the collector car field...and I am used to paying $300. just for unheated storage and no other services (November thru April). So, the $275 sounds pretty good to me.

Especially since I sold my last collector car this spring and bought the Suzuki and now the Kawasaki.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.