Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
Glad we can do our part. hehe, Me personally think a full face helmet has both good and bad points. Best protection of course, great in bad or cold weather. We do choose when to wear them of course, sad to say it is less often than it should be. But it also hinders the line of sight and the ability to effectively see behind you, even when just changing lanes. We do have half helmets as well, but haven't even put them on this season. My bad! LOL

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Those are pretty slim benefits.

Scott

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
If you look deep enough you can find a silver lining in almost everything. Now matter how odd, weird, morbid, or immoral it might be. It is there. I mean hey, you get fired from your job, that is just more time you get to spend with your family. :D

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
Organ Donors is what we call riders who go with no helmet around here, so it fits, I suppose. To each his own. I feel naked without my helmet, and if I ever go without it it's on the interstate, where a helmet in a wreck at 80 miles an hour probably won't make much difference. But even then, it's rare when I don't wear it. I would never, ever not wear a helmet riding around town.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I'm a firm believer in helmets - on me. I'm also a firm believer in choice. McDonald's can be bad for you. Should we ban it? Should we make condoms mandatory for everybody?

Some might say yes to both of these. Bloomberg isn't the only weirdo. . .

·
Registered
37 Posts
I definitely respect the right to choose -- if you wear a helmet, fine. If you don't, fine. I personally always go out with one (of course, it's the law around here.)

I think it compares to the seatbelt debate. The majority of time they're great, and I wear mine. But I grew up beside a guy whose girlfriend died from internal injuries caused by the seatbelt almost cutting her in half. He swears he will never wear one again.

·
Registered
199 Posts
This is just my $.02 as both a taxpayer and a libertarian. There should be no law mandating seatbelts or helmets, or any other gear that serves only protect the wearer. It should be an option. That being said, if you are injured in a crash and were NOT wearing the safety gear, tax-payers should NOT have to foot the bill. You're on your own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts