Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not realy digging the look of the sissy bar I put on my bike for the wife. I like the way it lookes with out it, but she says it better for her. The things we do for our wifes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I also have a custom that I put a sissy bar on and I have to agree that it looks out of place on this bike. But it's mostly the seat that is disagrees with. Take heart TWP, her next problem will be the seat (it's not designed for human comfort) and you'll be putting a touring seat on. Then the sissy bar will look right at home. Of course you'll be able to take longer rides with the new seat and you'll need to pack sweatshirts, jackets, rain gear, wine, cheese, etc. So you'll need a decent set of saddle bags. Taking long rides without a windshield wears you out, so you'll add that... Wait a minute, why didn't I just by the LT in the first place?

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Richard,

What you have is exactly what I'm looking for. I don't like the look of the sissy bar but want one to strap some luggage to so would leave it off most of the time. What brand rack/sissy bar did you get? I need something that works/looks good with my Mustang seat and under-the-seat saddlebags (with brackets).

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also have a custom that I put a sissy bar on and I have to agree that it looks out of place on this bike. But it's mostly the seat that is disagrees with. Take heart TWP, her next problem will be the seat (it's not designed for human comfort) and you'll be putting a touring seat on. Then the sissy bar will look right at home. Of course you'll be able to take longer rides with the new seat and you'll need to pack sweatshirts, jackets, rain gear, wine, cheese, etc. So you'll need a decent set of saddle bags. Taking long rides without a windshield wears you out, so you'll add that... Wait a minute, why didn't I just by the LT in the first place?

The seat does help the looks of it. I have a set of saddle bags ( dont like the looks of them ether) I only put on when I need the space. We are going on our first over night trip on the bike in a few weeks. My guess is she will want to replace the seat after the trip.
SteveJB you have a nice looking bike.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Thanks TWP, but then we're prejudiced aren't we?! Since you don't seem to mind making accessory adjustments that are ride-dependent I should mention that the Mustang Wide Touring seat I have swaps out for the original in less the 2 minutes. If I could find another mounting bracket at a scrap yard it would change out with the turn of a key.

I also would like to know who's luggage rack that is. I've been toying with the idea of adding an HD style tour-pack but I'll need a luggage rack without the back rest. My MCE sissy bar is all one piece so I can't mount a rack to it without the back rest.

Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
74 Posts
The sissy-bar doesn't look that bad. I wouldn't put one on my bike, but then again, I'm divorced. No, the motorcycle had nothing to do with the divorce.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
A narrower pad on the sissy bar helps somewhat. I rode with a wide pad like yours for a while, then on a whim replaced it with a narrow pad and checked with the wifer... she said it was the height that made the difference (went from the Cobra short to the standard), not the width of the pad, so I stuck with the narrow.

Trust me, you'll get used to the sissy bar look, too...

·
Registered
112 Posts
No getting past the fact that the fat/classic style bikes accessorize easier. The custom with its chopped fender and tapered seat is one of the trickiest. I'm currently head-scratching over a sissy bar too. Anyone got pics of a cobra short on the custom?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have the short Kawasaki one on my Custom. Its a little higher than I wanted but doesn't look too out of place. I got it for the security of my girlfriend. She doesn't normally even use it but its there for her not to slide off if it would happen.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know this is an old thread I started, but an update. I have a Mustang Vintage Seat on the way to match the sissy bar.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I don't like the look of the sissy bar on the Customs, but it looks nice on the Classics. I guess on the classic, with bags, it looks like it's supposed to be there.

I was given two requirements when I bought the bike. Sissy bar, and blue. I'd have to say those aren't too bad :p I use that sissy bar as much as she does anyway, to strap my laptop bag to when commuting with the bike, locking my helmet to it when I stop somewhere, etc.

·
Registered
292 Posts
She wants a wider backrest and a different seat, which on a Classic isn't a bad thing. She gets what she wants. If she enjoys the ride, I'll enjoy the ride. If she really enjoys the ride, I'll enjoy THE ride! :D:D:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts