Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Who? Me? Nope. Would love too but my riding is limited to local runs. Wife is very ill and I can't be away for longer trips. I'd like to do a couple overnighters if I can ever work that out. Post PICs and Vids for us stuck in the local loops.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Enjoy and remember the PICs. Wife is in a stable pattern, no recovery is possible. It is what it is and we've accepted it. It limits us but after 34 years (3/1/80), she's still the best thing to ever happen to me. Thanks for the thought and well wishes.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I have not seen how much snow they have got down there, but I would say its going to take a little bit for it to thaw out especially on the north side roads since the sun is in the southern sky during this time of year.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I know what you mean. mine is getting awful lonely in the out building. There are times and night i think I can hear the big beast brake down and cry. I was thinking about riding up the parkway this year. I have not gotten around to that half of it yet.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you open a window facing Johnson City,TN, on a still, quiet night, you can hear ME crying ! If / when you get the chance, come ride with us, we'll show you some nice backroads where you rarely see other traffic.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I will have to take you up on that some time. I don't know the back roads of that area too well. This year is going to be a little tight ($$$), I have been trying to negotiate a contract to purchase a house for the last month. It is a foreclosure and the bank is being a pain to work with and I have been calling them out on their "repairs" they have made to the property. In other words their lipstick on a pig might fool some people, but not me.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Mark, are you going to the Vulcan Rally this year? There is a group of us that will be getting on the parkway at Ashville and riding all the way to the rally in Pennsylvania.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Rally is July 7th thru 11th. We will be leaving out of Clayton Ga on the 5th, spend night at Boone, 6th to Waynesville, VA, arrive in Bedford Pa on 7th. If interested I can give you the phone numbers of the motels we will be staying at. We have blocks of rooms reserved.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We should be back up in TN by then, not sure yet how work will be looking. Do you know how early ya'll may pull out of Boone? If push comes to shove, we can leave Johnson City early that morning, meet up in Boone.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Not sure on departure times yet. I am pretty sure it won't be too early as we will have breakfast and morning coffee before we leave. Riders from different states and areas will be joining along the route. As I live in Highlands NC , I will be joining the original group coming out of Florida in the Franklin, NC area.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts